Manager, Data Science (Remote)
Our Global Data & Analytics (D&A) team is the hub of harvesting and analyzing data to drive strategic business decisions for our brands. By collaborating with partners across a broad variety of business functions, associates on our D&A team provide recommendations that allow our teams to push boundaries and stay at the forefront of retail trends.
We are actively seeking a Data Science Manager to spearhead our enterprise-focused data science team. This role entails overseeing the conception, development, and implementation of data science solutions across key domains, including supply chain, planning, and pricing, encompassing topics like network optimization, transportation and fulfillment optimization, DC logistics, visibility and transparency, demand forecasting, and price optimizations.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Lead and manage a team of 3-4 data scientists or data analysts.
- Take charge of ideation, development, and implementation of data science solutions in supply chain, planning and pricing domains
- Develop and implement data science solutions to optimize supply chain operations, including but not limited to, transportation, logistics, network optimization, visibility and transparency, etc.
- Oversee data science initiatives related to demand forecasting and inventory optimization, including identification of demand signals, fine-tuning demand forecasting models to support efficient inventory management.
- Lead price optimization projects to maximize revenue and profitability, including conducting price elasticity analyses and building markdown optimization tools.
- Provide thought leadership in the field of data science and AI, keeping the team at the forefront of industry developments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities for data-driven solutions, aligning data science efforts with organizational objectives; define and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and measure the performance of data science products.
- Vet machine learning components with 3rd-party tools, evaluating their performance and providing recommendations to help drive procurement decisions.
- Communicate complex models and data-driven insights to non-technical stakeholders.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor's degree required (post-graduate preferred) in disciplines related to data science, data analytics, mathematics or engineering, or other STEM fields.
- 6-8 years of experience in data science, with a focus on supply chain operations and management; retail environment a plus; 2-3 years of experience managing a team
- Strong understanding of various data science models and their applications to the business (regression, clustering, classification, optimization, recommendation, NLP, etc.); understanding of demand forecasting & inventory optimization models a plus
- Experience in building and implementing data science products in cloud environments (Azure, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.)
- Highly proficient in data processing and modeling languages, such as SQL, Python or R
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions to complex supply chain problems.
- Basic understanding of data engineering and MLOps concepts
- Ability to simplify complexed technical topics and distill down for a business audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience operating in an agile environment
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (For Colorado, New York, California and Washington): The recruiting pay range for this position is $150,000 - $160,000. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The range may be modified in the future.