Assistant Specialist, Store Communication (Store Ops) - A&F Co.
The Store Operations team is the Global Home Office (GHO) support for store associates and communications in Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks stores worldwide. The Store Communications team is responsible for acting as a catalyst between the global field and all other GHO departments, delivering quality and effective communication tools and resources to drive increased field execution and engagement. Responsibilities include creating, implementing, and evolving communications strategies while working closely with various teams and functions to ensure our global associates, management, and leadership have the content, information, and knowledge they need, when they need it.
This position creates and writes store communication specific to all brand product-facing categories (e.g. Marketing, Merchants, Pricing, etc.), providing accurate and streamlined knowledge and direction for the store associates. The role is responsible for the ongoing evolution of store communication and the ability for store associates to execute business critical activities in a timely and effective manner. This role executes this through our digital communication platform(s) ensuring applicable reporting and documentation and tasks arrive timely to the right teams.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Assisting in the organization, design, and delivery of branded store communication that includes but is not limited to pricing & promotional activity, product knowledge, visual, marketing, and test information/direction
- Creating, communicating, and summarizing results of store survey feedback through focused categories and identifying recommendations for changes to processes, tools, or communication
- Driving and maintaining the internal task & communication calendar, ensuring deadlines are accurate, communicated and met
- Evolving and executing task management, ensuring applicable communication is posted to relevant store groups
- Identifying country specific detail with documentation, while maintaining a uniform company standard
- Partnering with internal translator team to produce requested translations
- Publishing store pricing and assisting with delivering floorset documentation via the Visual Merchandising System
- Maintaining store attribute file as it relates to floorset presentation changes
- Attending Visual floorset kickoff meetings to gain a general understanding of the holistic brand communication for the set
- Supporting day-to-day store communication by applying new information to daily routines
- Continued learning and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 365, as well as stores processes.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, ever changing, and collaborative team environment
- Ability to track and react quickly to details from multiple partners daily
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization, self-starter attitude, and attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills within Adobe and Microsoft Office are preferred
- Prior store and/or retail experience is preferred
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER