DC Operations Manager
Supply Chain Distribution supports our global logistics network to efficiently deliver products for our brands. Supporting areas include international transportation and operations, global trade compliance, supply chain strategy and coordination, e-commerce operations, global procurement and positions driving success within our world-class distribution centers. Our Supply Chain team synchronizes supply and demand, while measuring global business performance.
The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing a portion of the direct to consumer business, including managing multiple supervisors and direct a large group of hourly associates. Core functions include coaching, training, counseling and motivating the team as a mentor, as well as their supervisor. This position will lead the department to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations by focusing on achieving department goals and initiatives. The Manager should exhibit innovative, forward thinking, continually improving and strengthening the business by challenging the status quo.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
See application for available shifts.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Ensure department goals are being met including order aging, accuracy and fill rate
- Ensure department goals are being met including order aging, accuracy and fill rate.
- Work with leadership across all shifts to maintain process consistency.
- Operates cross-functionally with key business partners.
- Works well in group problem solving situations; Develops alternative solutions.
- Ensure the business is running effectively and efficiently on a daily basis.
- Drive department results and manage department hours to achieve predetermined budget and UPH goals.
- Identify and drive departmental budget goals.
- Experience in working with engineered standards.
- Proven experience in leading and driving process improvements.
- Ability to react to unforeseen challenges with creativity and a strong sense of urgency.
- Foster and reinforce a positive, collaborative environment that respects and values diversity.
- Promote safety awareness and support the safety culture through the company.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- Strong leadership style with a focus on team development.
- Strong background in large scale distribution processes is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Business-level command of Spanish and/or Somali is a plus
- 3-5 years of leadership experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with WMS systems.
- Outstanding written and face to face communication skills.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER