Senior UX Lead, Design Systems (REMOTE)
This Sr Digital Product Design Lead for Design Systems is a remote role will play a critical part in adding new features and capabilities to digital products through the evolution of the design system that supports the ecosystem of Abercrombie & Fitch and related brands. Reporting to the Sr. Product Design Manger of Design Systems, this position manages the design, research execution, and delivery of the design system working closely with Product Management, Design, Development and Marketing teams. The role will have no direct reports but comes with a strong expectation to mentor the other talented Product Designers already on staff. We are looking for someone with 7-10+ years of experience in developing design systems to support responsive web, iOS and Android native applications, as well as our Marketing platforms.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Lead the evolution of our design system to ensure consistent and cohesive user experiences across multiple digital products and platforms.
- Establish and document design guidelines, patterns, and standards for various user interface components, including typography, color palettes, layout grids, iconography, and interactive elements.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and product managers to identify and prioritize design system needs and requirements.
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and competitive analysis to inform and validate design decisions within the design system.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive library of reusable design components and patterns to streamline the design and development process.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of the design system by providing guidance, support, and training to cross-functional teams.
- Continuously evaluate and iterate on the design system based on user feedback, industry best practices, and emerging trends.
- Ensure the scalability and flexibility of the design system to accommodate future product enhancements and expansions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design to align design system efforts with business goals, brand guidelines, and accessibility requirements.
- Stay up to date with the latest UX design trends, tools, and technologies, and share insights and knowledge with the team.
- Mentoring a junior and mid-level Product designers
- Support strong remote-working, design culture
What Do You Need To Bring?
- 7 - 10+ years of creating digital product for B2C or Direct-to-Consumer experiences
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a deep understanding of design systems, their components, and their impact on design workflows and collaboration.
- BA/BS and MA/MS in Design, HCI, Interaction or equivalent, is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in the development of artifacts such as design principles, sketches, storyboards, scenarios, process flows, IA visualizations, wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, service blueprints and design systems.
- Proficiency in balancing refined brand aesthetics with a strong ability to translate into digital eloquent interfaces.
- A strong understanding and experience working across modern methods (Design Thinking, Agile, Lean UX)
- Demonstrated experience working within a large-scale organization that integrates experience design into a product development process.
- Extensive experience managing design systems and implementing scalable systems across multiple channels, products, and platforms integrations e.g. Adobe Experience Manager
- Familiar with LeanUX framework is a plus
- Will need a digital portfolio for this role.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (For Colorado, New York, California and Washington): The recruiting pay range for this position is $125,000 - $135,000. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The range may be modified in the future.