Senior Territory Merchant (LATAM Territory)
This individual would lead and develop local product strategy for the A&F family of brands. They will drive product strategy across all channels. They will work directly with the corporate product team to create the local version of our brand aesthetic. Success in this role will be highly dependent upon building and maintaining exceptional relationships with the corporate office Merchant team, the local Territory Partner, as well as having a strong understanding of the desired Brand aesthetic.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Oversee territory product strategy and operations for A&F family of brands
- Partner closely with corporate brand teams to develop regional strategy and drive significant sales growth
- Influence the selection, plans, and allocation of all product in the region.
- Ensure consistency of all regional buys with brand identity and integrity
- Leverage regional Trend Forecasting and Customer Insights to shape assortment distortions according to territory consumer preferences
- Partner with Territory and Corporate Marketing team to strategize and execute on regional business goals, increase brand awareness, and improve brand positioning in the region
- Lead seasonal hindsight process to inform future strategy and line list needs
- Participate in selling / business updates working with team to identify strengths, opportunities and recommended actions
- Participate in monthly business meetings, working with team to identify upsides and risks to the plan
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Strong academic credentials from a top tier university/college or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) years of retail or related industry experience
- Significant familiarity and experience working on a global brand
- Significant experience working in country (LATAM) with strong knowledge of local consumer
- Passion for customer centricity and continued understanding of evolving customer needs
- Experience managing seasonal product development process
- Strong eye for trend and quality as it relates to the A&F brands aesthetic
- Proven critical thinking and analytical ability through department/category growth
- Fluency in English and local language(s)
- Successful track record for product sales growth and/or brand market penetration
- High-level acumen and appreciation for fashion retail excellence
- Experience working on multiple fashion product categories
- Work experience with bringing a US Brand to life within the LATAM region
- Epitomizes Company’s cultural values, demonstrates an ability to put the goals of the brands ahead of individual considerations
- Ability to think and work effectively in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Understands the challenges of and thrives in an international organization
- High degree of creative and analytical capability, intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and openly with cross-functional business partners in a non-bureaucratic and non-hierarchical business environment
- Creative approach to problem solving with a humble, team-oriented, and optimistic attitude
- Comfortable weathering conflict
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- ~20% of time will be spent in region
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER