23-24 Design Leadership Development Program - Full Time & Summer Internship
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of five global, renowned lifestyle brands: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. We reach customers across 120+ countries and strive to create inclusive, welcoming, omni-channel experiences for our global customers.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Based out of our world headquarters in Columbus, OH the A&F LDP Programs are highly competitive initiatives that offer immediate exposure to senior level management, as well as a carefully crafted balance between classroom sessions and hands-on experience. With a “promote from within” mentality in mind, these programs have been designed to shape top candidates into the future leaders of our company. The LDP Programs feature an initial comprehensive training program up to six weeks long and continued career development through a custom curriculum. Full-time Design Leadership Development Programs are offered in Apparel Design & Technical Design.
The comprehensive orientation programs will include:
• Combination of classroom sessions and on-the-job training
• Relationship with a Mentor to guide learning in the new role
• Interactive presentations from a variety of senior leaders in the company
• Open and inclusive learning environment with fellow associates
• Integrated social activities to help transition to Columbus and the unique corporate culture at A&F
• Preparation to effectively manage a portion of the business in one of our critical areas at Home Office
What Will You Be Doing?
- APPAREL DESIGN (Full-Time & Internship): A&F Apparel Designers create high quality, aspirational product for each of our unique lifestyle brands. The designer's role at A&F is to take the product from initial concept through the production of the garment. Designers stay on top of emerging trends through shopping the market, researching vintage, and staying in tune with our customers. This creative research fuels the big picture trend and mood direction at the beginning of each season. Designers focus on every aspect of product development, from fabric and trim selection to editing how the garment fits on live models.
- TECHNICAL DESIGN (Full-Time Only): Technical Designers translate flat sketches and trim sheets into physical garments by building detailed tech packs. They are responsible for creating detailed technical illustrations, editing paper patterns, and creating patterns from scratch when necessary. Our technical designers lead cross functional fit sessions and communicate with vendors and factories to bring our vision to life. They work closely with Apparel Designers, Merchants, and Sourcing Specialists to protect quality construction and fit for each product category.
The A&F Design Leadership Development Programs offer highly competitive compensation packages for full time trainees. Other benefits include sign-on and relocation bonuses, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, industry-leading healthcare coverage, and company matching savings and retirement programs.
Historically our interns have been compensated $9,000 for the 10-week program. Other benefits of the program have included housing provided by A&F for the duration of the program, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, and organized social events throughout the summer. Our interns end the summer with a thorough understanding of the full-time Leadership Development Program and have early access to full-time job opportunities.
What Do You Need to Bring?
• Junior or Senior status working towards a Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Passion for the A&F brands and the role
• Ability to identify and interpret relevant fashion trends
• Solid technical skills with an impeccable taste level and eye for color
• Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners
• A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
• Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
• Desire to learn & hunger for more!
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts, portfolio, and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA attached.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER