23-24 Leadership Development Program - Full Time & Summer Internship
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks, and Social Tourist. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries, and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
The A&F Leadership Development Programs are highly competitive initiatives, unique for their entrepreneurial structure, and provide immediate exposure to senior level leaders. With a “promote from within” mentality in mind, these programs have been designed to shape top candidates into the future leaders of our company. We want students who are motivated, creative, and strategic – natural leaders seeking to drive results in a team-based environment.
The LDP Full-Time Program features an initial comprehensive training program up to six weeks long and continued career development through a custom curriculum. Full-time Leadership Development Programs are offered in Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Finance, Digital & Technology, Supply Chain, and Human Resources.
The LDP Internship Program provides a select group of university students the opportunity to experience working at Abercrombie & Fitch for 9-10 weeks over the summer before entering their senior year. The program features a comprehensive training curriculum and access to working on meaningful projects, directly impacting the business. Internships are offered in Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Finance, Digital & Technology, and Supply Chain.
The comprehensive orientation programs will include:
• Combination of classroom sessions and on-the-job training
• Relationship with a mentor to guide learning in the new role
• Interactive presentations from a variety of senior leaders in the company
• Open and inclusive learning environment with fellow associates
• Integrated social activities to help transition to Columbus and the unique corporate culture at A&F
• Preparation to effectively manage a portion of the business in one of our critical areas at Home Office
What Will You Be Doing?
- MERCHANDISING (Full-Time & Internship): Managing the strategy for millions of dollars of product each day. Entrepreneurial in nature, Merchants lead a cross-functional team to maximize the financial success of their product line and must possess the unique ability to be both analytical and creative daily. Merchants are the experts on our customer, understanding their lifestyle, behaviors, and preferences to predict and capitalize on market trends. From working with our designers to identifying the next styles and trends for our stores, to analyzing sales and identifying growth strategies for the business, our Merchants are involved with every aspect of the product and the customer.
- MERCHANDISE PLANNING (Full-Time & Internship): Shaping the financial strategy behind every product. Interpreting and balancing current sales, inventory analysis, financial goals, and emerging trends. Our Merchandise Planners build the plans that maximize our success. They forecast future product performance, establish strategies across domestic, international, and e-commerce channels, and strategically distribute our products around the world.
- FINANCE (Full-Time & Internship): Financial Analysts gain a unique and multi-faceted skill set through our Leadership Development Program, gaining exposure to multiple disciplines within our corporate finance teams. Highly analytical and results-oriented, our Financial Analysts make an immediate impact on corporate strategy and direction. Opportunities within Finance include Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Treasury, Capital Projects, and Financial Reporting.
- DIGITAL & TECHNOLOGY (Full-Time** & Internship): Generating and implementing new strategic or systematic approaches and creating dynamic technology solutions for our rapidly growing business. Committed to applying technology to solve business problems, our Analysts and Engineers partner with teams across the company, hone software development skills using cutting-edge tools, and create and uphold technology standards and processes. **These full-time roles are remote**
- SUPPLY CHAIN (Full-Time & Internship): Supporting our global logistics network to efficiently deliver products for our brands. Our Supply Chain Analysts build a diverse skill set during rotations through multiple facets of the organization. Our Supply Chain team synchronizes supply and demand, while measuring global business performance.
- HUMAN RESOURCES (Full-Time): The HR team is dedicated to identifying, acquiring, developing, and retaining the best and brightest talent within the retail industry and beyond. In addition to supporting our associates at the Home Office and around the world, our team is continually focused on preserving our corporate culture. In the first several years of the Program, associates will gain exposure to a variety of areas within our multi-faceted Human Resources department including recruiting, training, and HR Business Partners. The program is designed for associates to build a foundation in these areas to ultimately build a long-term career path in Human Resources.
Our A&F Full-Time LDP offers highly competitive compensation packages for trainees. Other benefits include sign-on and relocation bonuses, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, industry-leading healthcare coverage, and company matching savings and retirement programs.
Our A&F LDP interns are compensated $9,000 for the 9-10 week program. Other benefits of the program have historically included housing provided by A&F for the duration of the program, merchandise discounts at all our brands, use of the A&F gym, and organized social events throughout the summer. Our interns end the summer with a thorough understanding of the Full-Time Leadership Development Program and have early access to Full-Time job opportunities.
What Do You Need to Bring?
• Junior or Senior status working towards a Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Passion for the A&F brands and the role
• Proven leadership experience
• Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners.
• Desire to take on the responsibility of running a portion of our multi-billion-dollar business
• A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
• Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment.
• Desire to learn & hunger for more!
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA attached.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.