Corporate Retail Coordinator, A&F Co. (2024)
We will begin reviewing applications for next quarter starting late October 2023 (for start dates in January 2024). Please be specific in your cover letter about which of the role(s) interests you and why.
Are you interested in exploring career opportunities in retail with our company but aren’t quite sure where to start? Here at Abercrombie & Fitch Co., we are looking for curious, hardworking and passionate associates to join various teams across our product-facing business functions as well as areas that are not so product focused. Ranging from highly creative to analytically savvy and everywhere in-between, the Coordinators on our teams provide entry-level support while gaining exposure to some of our key business driving teams and processes. By beginning your A&F career journey as one of our Corporate Retail Coordinators, you’ll be able to learn more about what it takes to work in different roles across our business and discover what the best long-term role fit could be for you. Chat with us to learn which opportunity best suits your interests and experience!
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
Entry-level opportunities may be available on the following teams:
CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT: Responsible for the end-to-end success of our wholesale/franchise relationships. Provide assistance to our growing wholesale and franchise corporate development group. Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with sourcing and production teams.
SOURCING & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: Owning the production process, and working directly with our global vendor base to develop our product from initial design through final delivery. Highly organized and strategic, the Sourcing teams foster strong relationships with our vendors and factories while collaborating with teams at the Home Office to ensure the timely delivery of high quality, profitable goods. Responsibilities include managing the Retail Merchandising System (RMS) for commitment/purchase order issuance and maintenance, communicating with external vendors, ordering and tracking incoming samples (requested by PR and Marketing), maintaining accurate production charts and tools that are consistent with the RMS system and communicating and managing any production related issues or opportunities with relevant internal teams.
PLANNING & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: Providing regular data entry support to the Inventory Management and Planning department including: managing store presentations, setting up inventory work streams, and pulling reporting to identify inventory and plan inefficiencies. Execute to Merchandise Planner partners prioritization of flow of product considering inventory constraints. Support and execute to testing strategies, category specific initiatives and ad-hoc analysis.
- VISUAL MERCHANDISING: Driving the creative process behind our in-store experience, this team is focused on crafting what customers see and feel, to create unique environments that maximize sales and profitability. Coordinating customer-centric product placement strategies, Visual team members must think creatively and aesthetically while considering key analytical data on a daily basis. Our Visual team cultivates the vision, excitement, and emotion of our Brands. Responsibilities include: creating individual store communication regarding floorset operations, store layout, in-store/window displays, marketing, and promotional activity, creating and maintaining Visual Brand Standards communication, assisting with floorset documentation including formatting of Seasonal Floorset Tools, and understanding the Visual Merchandising System in which we input all merchandise placement – fixtures, mapping, reporting and forms.
SAMPLE LIBRARY: Maintain sample management and distribution throughout various departments at the Global Home Office. Learn and apply the inventory platform to properly report daily intake and current inventory levels. Maintain relationships and processes with cross functional partners. Train & develop high performing, committed & organized team members to support the success of the campus stores & Sample Library. Support of various special projects as needed.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for the A&F Co. Brands
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to be flexible to changing demands and respond to feedback
- A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brands
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
Would you jump at the chance to be part of reinventing one of the world’s most recognizable brands? At A&F, we’re on a mission to inspire our customers to be confident, feel comfortable, and face their fierce. Our goal is to create relevant products and brand experiences that allow our customers to define the narrative of their own stories. We approach the work week with a long weekend mindset: free from stress and with time well spent, we can realize our full potential.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER