Senior Director - Transformation Management Office (TMO)
The Senior Director of Transformation & Change Management will be at the center of the company’s largest transformation efforts, creating and supporting our people through the adoption of new ways of working. They are responsible for deeply understanding the impact that a project will have on associates and developing plans for driving successful change. They will work closely with a wide variety of cross-functional partners to reduce complexity, create new processes, communicate changes, and train associates.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Drive transformational change at ANF through new approach, process and capabilities.
- Lead cross-functional workstreams in service of major company initiatives in partnership with TMO leadership, functional stakeholders and ANF Executive Team to achieve improved business performance and long-term operating margin benefit.
- Partner with TMO leader and Executive Project Sponsor to develop and manage SOW, deliverables, phasing timelines, resource support and communication plans for team.
- Create fact-based awareness of key factors, benchmarked comparisons, and clear recommendations for approach to future state. Communicate to Executive Team and gain alignment.
- Design and align on leading indicators of project success including metrics, processes and tools used to measure ROI.
- Bring awareness and train others throughout the organization on key change management and new ways of working.
- Be the thought leader to turn potential into performance: identify, understand, evaluate, prioritize and create forward-thinking opportunities for change.
- Establish buy-in and accountability for initiative progress, monitoring key metrics in order to determine actionable opportunities for benefit acceleration and/or risk aversion.
- Drive and facilitate project meetings, ensuring objectives are met and action points are clear.
- Creatively solve problems with strategic thinking, detail orientation and objectivity to promote the best cross-functional outcome.
- Demonstrate leadership courage: challenge cross-functional leaders to think differently, be willing to encourage healthy debate and surface alternate perspective where necessary to drive the right result
- Be a connector in the organization, between leaders, cross-functional teams, and external partners, breaking down silos in the process.
- Ask the right questions to guide data analytics and provide actionable insights, conclusions, and recommendations, translating analysis into action points for the team.
- Demonstrate an action bias, mobilizing teams from analysis to pilots to scale without hesitation.
- Ensure the work is focused, sustainable, and able to deliver measured results.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Proven track record as a credible influencer, respected within the organization and able to collaborate, build trust and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Executive presence and crisp presentation skills
- Ability to partner with Business Functions to develop change management plans and play a supporting role in driving functional initiatives.
- Experience working on large scale transformations and organizational design projects with significant change leadership elements, ideally in the retail / fashion industry and at a global organization.
- Self-starter; proactive and independent
- Creative approach to problem solving with an inquisitive, humble, team-oriented, and optimistic attitude.
- Ability to think strategically, link the change to the "bigger picture”, and tell the story.
- High level of proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- Experience in Retail, Wholesale, or Franchise Operations; International experience preferred
- Consumer & Retail Management Consulting at a top tier firm with client facing experience
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER