Director of Licensing
Director of Licensing
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
Seeking a Director of Licensing to lead total company Licensing strategies by owning all aspects of business for a growing portfolio of licensed product categories. This person will need to be a strong strategy driver and relationship builder, developing a business plan with internal leaders and assessing and onboarding Licensees to execute it. They will work with leadership across a breadth of internal cross functional teams including Merchandising, Sourcing, Design/Tech Design, Corporate Strategy, Finance, and Legal. They will also lead the search for new partners and maintain relationships with current partners through negotiation of new, existing, and renewed contracts. This role supports both Regional teams and Global Brand leadership to ensure proper brand positioning within Licensing partnerships.
The ideal candidate is strategic, self-motivated, highly organized, and has strong communication skills. They are solution-oriented, able to manage multiple projects at a time, and able to navigate new and unknown problems by helping to set new standards.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Create, implement, and integrate key licensing growth strategies into core A&F branded processes
- Assess, vet, and manage new and existing Licensee partnerships
- Lead a dedicated team responsible for maintaining multiple categories and partnerships
- Develop annual business growth plans with Licensees and project future revenues with Finance
- Read and adapt to sales performance versus expectations
- Build and maintain product approval calendars for Licensees by brand
- Review requests from Licensees for expanded distribution and make recommendations to Licensing VP for approval
- Partner with Regional buying teams to communicate products needed by license in upcoming seasons
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Licensing or related field
- Existing knowledge of the landscape and players in the Licensing field
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to handle significant responsibility
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER