Stores Platform Engineer (Remote)
The Stores Platform Engineering team is responsible for designing and administering store hardware and software to support efficient and seamless operations. As a key member of the Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in the design, administration, and deployment of store technology solutions. Your responsibilities will encompass a range of tasks including store technology design, administration, deployment, mobile device management, software deployment, payment systems support, and traffic systems support. Your contributions will directly impact the quality and uptime of our stores' technology infrastructure worldwide.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Assist with designing, implementing, and administering store hardware and software solutions, including POS systems, peripherals, and mobile devices. Ensure that the technology meets the needs of the stores and aligns with business requirements.
- Provide support for complex issues encountered with store technology. Troubleshoot and resolve escalated technical problems. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by addressing issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Package and deploy applications to store systems. Ensure proper compatibility, version control, and adherence to deployment best practices. Conduct thorough testing and validation of applications before deployment.
- Identify improvement opportunities within store technology platforms. Utilize reporting tools, scripting languages, and automation techniques to streamline workflows, enhance system performance, and reduce manual effort.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external business partners to understand and troubleshoot technology issues. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, vendors, and suppliers to resolve complex technical challenges and ensure efficient operations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal A&F partners, collaborating with cross-functional support teams as needed.
- Foster positive and productive connections with external business partners and suppliers to facilitate effective collaboration and support.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide support for global store technology. Be available to respond to critical incidents, perform troubleshooting, and implement resolutions outside regular working hours when necessary.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation to facilitate system design, support, and troubleshooting. Document standard operating procedures, configurations, and best practices to ensure knowledge sharing and enable efficient problem resolution
- Provide technical assistance for store technology projects. Collaborate with project teams to define requirements, assess feasibility, and contribute to the successful implementation of technology initiatives.
- Administer traffic and analytics hardware within stores, ensuring proper functionality and data collection.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- 4-year degree in an IT-related field or equivalent work history.
- 4-6 years of experience in an IT-related field, preferably in a store technology or retail environment.
- Ability to think critically and react effectively in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent personal time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, analytical skills, and a strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge and experience with IT security best practices, particularly in relation to PCI compliance, is a plus.
- Technical experience in a retail environment.
- Proficiency in common Linux scripting languages such as BASH, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with mobile device management, specifically with Android devices.
- Familiarity and experience managing SUSE Linux server-based software.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (For Colorado, New York, California and Washington): The recruiting pay range for this position is $90,000 - $95,000. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The range may be modified in the future.