Merchandising is the central function setting the course for our brands’ product; the hub of the wheel that ensures all teams are moving in the right direction to deliver a beautiful, compelling and profitable assortment. Working hand-in-hand with our design, visual, and planning teams, merchants are the bridge between the strategy and creative direction of their line. Our merchandising teams possess a blend of analytical ability and creative thinking, drawing from historical data and market trends to craft an assortment that stays true to our brands and excites our customer. This position has potential to be placed on any of our exciting brands (Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks).
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Contributing to the assortment strategy of an emerging brand by influencing decisions at every stage of the product lifecycle; from concept and product development, to buying and pricing, to product placement, marketing and promotions.
- Collaborating with our design and product development teams to create product that is on-trend and right for our customer.
- Working closely with Planning and Inventory Management to drive a strategy that maximizes key areas of the business and meets the financial targets of the category and total brand.
- Serving as the expert in current selling analysis and historical selling knowledge for your department.
- Diving into the interests and preferences of our customer by observing shopping patterns, active lifestyle behaviors, shopping our competitors, seeking out feedback from our stores, and monitoring media platforms.
- Identifying emerging fashion trends in the market by monitoring fashion weeks, runway shows, blogs, and aspirational brands, and interpreting these ideas for our customer.
- Presenting to senior leadership, including presentations on selling analysis, business strategies, style information and trend ideas.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- A Bachelor's degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2-4 years of Merchandising or Buying experience, preferably in apparel
- Proven leadership experience and ability to thrive in team-based settings
- Passion for the merchant role, fashion retail and the Abercrombie & Fitch brand
- An acute eye for active product and trend
- A deep understanding of sales analysis and financial metrics that relate to your business
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently to leadership
- A high comfort-level with analytical sales tools and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed by the department
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
Are you someone who views the world through summer-tinted lenses? Can you seamlessly slip into the teenage-summer-break version of yourself? Are you picturing your old Facebook statuses right now? We know you’re probably cringing….old Facebook statuses will do that to you.
We’re looking for people who are invested in the teen mindset, who get Gen Z and who want to empower teens to be their most confident, comfortable and capable selves. We’re more than a clothing brand --¬¬ we’re a platform for amplifying teen stories. We believe in living like it’s summer all year long, because to us, summer isn’t a season. It’s a state of mind.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER