Building Maintenance Technician (1st and 2nd shifts available)
Campus Facilities is devoted to the coordination of space, infrastructure, people and the organization. It is our role to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance plus the proper operation of all aspects of a building to create an optimal, safe and cost-effective environment for our associates to function. The building maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, and repair according to safety, productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the company’s business goals and objectives. Our Maintenance Technicians are key members of our team enhancing the value and usefulness of our facilities and equipment.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio. We have positions available for 1st and 2nd shift:
1st shift: Monday-Friday 7am - 3.30pm
2nd shift: Monday-Friday 3.30pm - 12am
What Will You Be Doing?
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs in the areas of carpentry, drywall, concrete, electrical, and painting.
- Assist in maintaining property appearance, equipment and systems to ensure operational performance and operational efficiency and safety
- Uses a maintenance reporting system to record time and material use, work orders, deferred maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, problems identified and corrected, and further actions required
- Maintain parts and tool inventory
- Detect faulty operations, defective materials or equipment and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Execute area furniture set up, event coordination, and office moves
- Participate in safety/emergency training programs provided by Management
What Do You Need To Bring?
- 3+ years of relevant professional commercial experience
- Basic electrical a must
- Associate degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field is a plus
- Possess knowledge to safely and effectively use maintenance tools and equipment
- Aptitude to read, interpret and utilize manuals and schematics
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- GHO specific: Understand the importance of collaboration and “team spirit” as well as more independent tasks.
- DC specific: Ability to work independently and be comfortable with more individual tasks.
- Understand the importance of a good attitude; excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and make decisions independently.
- May be called to respond for emergency or overtime work on weekends and holidays as required
- Capability to lift and/or move items up to or over 50 pounds, climb, crawl, crouch, etc. and must be comfortable with heights.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, [including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off], as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement; we believe in promoting from within!
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER