Assistant/Associate Copywriter, Social (Hollister and Gilly Hicks) (REMOTE)
Are you someone who does things “for the plot,” because you know it’ll either work out in the end—or even better—lead to a great story? Can you sift through all things surface-level to mine something truly authentic? Has TikTok taught you things about yourself that make you question your entire existence, while simultaneously making you feel seen? Same.
We’re looking for a copywriter who is invested in the teen mindset, who gets Gen Z and who wants to empower teens to be their most confident, comfortable and capable selves. At Hollister, we're more than a clothing brand, we’re a platform for amplifying teen voices.
What will you be doing?
- Concepting and writing engaging, compelling captions, stories and memes across organic social platforms (Instagram, Facebook and TikTok) that are universally loved, shared, saved and favorited by teens
- Speaking, writing and breathing Gen Z
- Deriving personal pleasure from being at the forefront, and sharing your knowledge, of all things pop culture
- Partnering with strategy and designers to translate concepts into dynamic creative
- Performing as a self-motivated, information seeker
- Leading with confidence, accepting failure with humility
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Creative Writing, English, Journalism, Advertising/Copywriting, or related experience
- 1-3 years copywriting experience, preferably with a focus on social media
- Near-perfect editing skills with superior spelling & grammar
- An ongoing interest in fashion and retail
- An obsession with social media and Gen Z influencers
- A strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and thrive under accelerated deadlines and shifting deliverables
- A team-player mentality with an openness to receive and execute feedback
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (For Colorado, New York, California and Washington): The recruiting pay range for this position is $45,000 - $63,000. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The range may be modified in the future.