Part-time Translation Auditor – Continental French (A&F Co.) (Remote)
The Translation Auditor will assist with Continental French localization efforts for the international customer experience for our brands – Abercrombie & Fitch, Abercrombie kids, Hollister Co, Gilly Hicks, and Social Tourist. Responsibilities include offering direction to the business and vendors as well as reviewing content.
What will you be doing?
- Working 10-15 hours a week, days may vary
- Review Store Signage in a translated state before sign pack goes to print
- Review Marketing content upon return from translation vendor in testing environment, offer direction if there are issues
- Audit content across digital platforms and provide feedback on errors and recommendations
- Assist with reference material review (glossaries, style guides)
- Answer vendor questions regarding term selection and best approach
- Provide localization guidance to assist with content selection, ability to resonate with local market/meet customer expectations and preferences
- Translation of content may be needed from time to time
What do you need to bring?
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Continental French and English proficiently
- Grasp on the Continental French culture, changing trends, and retail shopping experience
- Multi-tasker with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to set goals and meet timelines
- Strong detail orientation and high degree of accuracy
- Extremely dependable with ability to thrive in a fluid and demanding environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with a sense of ownership, a willingness to learn, and a strong desire to succeed
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, and familiarity with internet websites
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups and volunteer opportunities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Merchandise Discount
- Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off after one year of part-time service
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (For Colorado, New York, California and Washington): The recruiting pay range for this position is $20-24/hr. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The range may be modified in the future.