Associate Art Director – Social Flat Lays, Creative Marketing (Hollister & Gilly Hicks)
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
As an Associate Art Director, your primary responsibility is to oversee the content of our product photography for social media. You will work with the creative and social media teams to develop and implement creative strategies that effectively communicate the brand's message and engage its audience on various social media platforms.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Partner with the Art Direction team on conceptual development and execution of flat lay social content for Instagram.
- Collaborate with broader creative team to ensure visuals and content are synergised and elevated, telling focused and beautiful brand stories through flat lays that communicate “Worth Every Penny”.
- Understand current trends in social media, fashion, and culture – testing new ideas to further develop and advance the creative voice of the Hollister & Gilly Hicks brands.
- Evolve the brand handwriting for a new generation of consumers, building off existing brand foundation.
- Managing and the process for social media content, including photos, videos, graphics, and other visual assets.
- Creating and editing visual content using design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and platform native content creation.
- Ensuring that all visual content meets technical requirements and is optimized for each social media platform.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest social media design trends and incorporating them into the company's social media strategies.
- Incorporating feedback to ensure that all visual content meets brand standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing social media metrics to measure the effectiveness of visual content and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned - including travel for photoshoots and campaigns.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively within the A&F Co. organization, clearly and effectively presenting ideas and projects to cross functional partners and all levels of leadership.
- Help to implement a creative organization that supports a content-led, product-focused marketing strategy.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in design, Photography, Advertising or related experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of art direction experience in fashion retail or related industry
- Experience working in an iconic, branded environment for an international organization
- A strong eye for quality and trend as it relates to the Abercrombie & Fitch brands
- Innate passion for telling stories through clothes
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using platform centric tools for content creation
- Experience with social media platforms and the ability to create content that is optimized for each platform
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience working with layout for print and digital media, directing, training and guiding other layout artists and copywriters
- Portfolio that showcases your body of work
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & you will get six "work from anywhere" weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER