Director, Copywriter - Abercrombie & Fitch (Remote)
The role of Copy Director on the A&F Co. Creative Marketing team will focus on the overarching storytelling of our Abercrombie & Fitch adults and abercrombie kids’s brands across seasonal campaigns, weekly channels and our social pod. Working closely with the VP of Creative and directors of Design and Content, this role will specialize in the creation of exciting, on-brand copy to appear on various platforms, both digital and print. Successful candidates will have a passion for our brand, a dynamic voice and in-depth knowledge of fashion and retail trends and a perfectionist nature. Leading the A&F copywriters, this role must possess perfect editing and grammar skills and be able to direct and inspire the team to write short, smart, snappy copy that has a clear point of view and a recognizable voice for our family of brands, or clear and direct technical features and benefits that cut through the noise on site and paid media. The ideal applicant is curious, energetic, optimistic, solution oriented, works well under pressure and is highly collaborative.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Directing and collaborating on engaging product copy for A&F and abercrombie kids brands
- Supporting leadership and significantly contributing to the seasonal strategy sessions throughout the year, plus co-directing the creative team with Design and Content leads, during the creative concept sprints.
- Show up in seasonal and weekly WIPs to provide understandable and clear feedback.
- Inspire the team in the writing of broad, overarching campaign headlines and brand positioning statements, for internal and customer facing projects.
- Lead the weekly copy team in the writing of email headlines, sub-copy and subject lines.
- Help support as an accountable lead of the social pod.
- Give feedback and direction for copy that lives in our organic social feeds, stories and platforms.
- Support in the writing of copy for paid media, SMS and push notifications.
- Help edit marketing assets and/or project manage requests as needed.
- Help support with ad hoc marketing requests (on-product copy, store signs, etc.)
- Stay curious and up-to-date on fashion trends & terminology.
- Perform and share competitive research with the team to better inform copy going forward.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English, Creative Writing or Advertising/Copywriting, or related experience
- 10 years of copywriting experience, preferably in the retail space
- Experience in managing and inspiring a team of writers
- Perfect editing skills with exceptional spelling & grammar
- A strong ongoing interest in fashion & retail
- Proficiency in social media
- Strong program knowledge in Microsoft Office & Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Open to providing feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- Experience working in PIM and/or JIRA and Microsoft Teams a plus
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (For Colorado, New York, California and Washington): The recruiting pay range for this position is $120,000 - $160,000. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The range may be modified in the future.