Associate Internal Auditor
As an Associate Internal Auditor, you are a naturally curious thought-partner who fosters cross-functional relationships to drive integrity of financial information and stakeholder confidence in the control environment. This individual should have strong attention to detail, project management, and communication skills as responsibilities primarily include executing the department’s annual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts. Additionally, the individual will have the opportunity to progress into operational audits utilizing the foundational knowledge of compliance. Internal Audit associates are a valued resource within the organization and can transition into Finance/Accounting or Operational roles after 3+ years. You are a self-starter with strong critical thinking skills who successfully demonstrates flexibility and agility in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This job works a hybrid schedule and is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Execute SOX walkthroughs and testing; effective collaboration with key stakeholders, including the Company’s external auditors, accounting/finance, and the Controller’s organization
- Effectively asks questions and gathers meaningful information to articulate exposures identified, including potential impact and root cause; partner with the business to develop action plans and evaluate remediation activities
- Exposure to IT general controls, automated control testing, and support for integrated audit approach employed by the team
- Proficient use of audit tools, data sources, and auditing standards to complete work in an efficient and effective manner
- Support the operational audit portfolio, including financial and compliance audits projects
- Leverage data analytics to support the audit process (planning, fieldwork, and reporting)
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or other professional business field
- 2+ years of experience, preferably with Big 4 experience or SOX experience in retail or manufacturing
- Strong planning, project management, and analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, embrace change, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with data analysis through use of excel; proficiency in PowerBI or Alteryx is a plus
- Professional certification or working towards one (CIA, or CPA preferred)
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER