Internal Financial Reporting Manager
Abercrombie is seeking an Internal Financial Reporting Manager to support the total company budgeting and forecasting process. We are seeking a candidate with focus on information integrity and high-quality insights. The role offers the opportunity to influence key decision makers across the business, with target setting, reporting, and narrative support. This individual will have the opportunity to grow and develop team members, while also performing as an individual contributor on more complex work. Financial system knowledge, demonstrated ability to oversee complex processes, business acumen, and verbal and written communication skills will be critical success factors to perform in the role. This Internal Financial Reporting Manager will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Finance and gain valuable exposure to other senior members of management in the organization.
This is a hybrid role, with in-office days located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Perform forecast and close activities, with support of IFR staff, to complete month end analysis, scorecarding, and forecasting processes
- Produce quarter end reporting and insights used in the development of the internal and external performance narrative
- Present real time reporting and insights into the financial state of the business for various functional stakeholders and leadership
- Facilitate overwatch to budget, close, and forecast activities in partnership with the business unit, brand, and operational teams
- Execute allocations and reporting adjustments to distill accurate and timely financial results for each business segment
- Provide support for cost savings analysis, allocation, tracking, and reporting
- Support future enhancements and efficiencies with our planning ERP (Hyperion), the close calendar, and cross-functional ownership
- Shepard the Zero-Based-Budgeting process for the company
- Provide recurring and ad hoc reporting/financial analysis as requested
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work within a team environment both in and outside of assigned areas of responsibility
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related major
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and communication skills (verbal & written) with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to recognize and implement process improvement opportunities
- Highly analytical with creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast pace, high pressure environment
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance concepts including P&L construction and cash flow analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of MS Access or VBA (Macros) is encouraged
- Proficiency in ERP Systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Hyperion, SAP)
- 10+ years work experience in corporate finance, business unit finance, or related field preferred
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER