Specialist, Human Resources Business Partner - Distribution Centers
As a member of the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) team, you will work across all aspects of human resources including, but not limited to, associate relations, workforce planning, organizational development, talent acquisition and compensation. Working with associates at multiple levels, you will be a day-to-day point of contact for all inquiries, questions, and associate conversations. An A&F Co. HRBP is expected to prioritize the role of talent in achieving the company’s strategic priorities. Highly cross functional, the HRBP will work across partners within human resources, related business units, finance, legal and others.
The Specialist, HRBP is a career level position in the Human Resources Department that supports our Distribution Center teams. This role serves as a strategic business partner to the Operational Leadership team. Responsible for ensuring that HR strategies are aligned to support the business needs, objectives, goals, and operating priorities of the Distribution/Fulfillment Centers. Works in conjunction with the HR Manager and Operations Managers to establish strategy for communicating and executing HR initiatives while maximizing operational efficiencies.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Assist department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all associates within your represented function including, but not limited to, associate engagement, training, and performance management.
- Understand the function’s goals, objectives, processes and the associate profile, skillset and development needed to achieve.
- Provide guidance and coaching to associates at multiple levels of the organization. Coach, counsel, and guide supervisors regarding associate interactions
- Partner with recruiting at various stages of the candidate lifecycle (job intakes, interviews, business correspondence, offers etc.).
- Primary partner and driver of continued creation to the evolution of associate relations strategy that focuses strongly on labor relations management.
- Manage resourcing and staffing strategy through close partnership with leaders on turnover, transfers, retention, promotions and succession planning.
- Guide organizational design and assist leaders through structural shifts, destination org work, business re-alignment & general org chart maintenance/architecture.
- Input associate information into various HRIS systems (PeopleSoft) and analyze data.
- Distribute, monitor, and ensure talent and associate performance reviews are done in a timely and effective manner.
- Partner with compensation on job offers, internal promotions, and compensation actions needed.
- Stay highly curious and connected to the associate perspective, external trends in the industry and beyond as it relates to talent management, practices, policies, as well as our customer insights.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- 5+ years of HR experience preferred (or related experience with managing people) with at least 3 years in a distribution center / manufacturing environment
- Passion for Abercrombie & Fitch Co. Brands
- Interest in the retail industry is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of internal and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of human resources management systems a plus
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER