Corporate Retail Coordinator, A&F Co. (2023)
Currently accepting applications for Sept/Oct 2023 start dates. Applications will be reviewed starting August 2023.
Are you interested in exploring career opportunities in retail with our company but aren’t quite sure where to start? Here at Abercrombie & Fitch Co., we are looking for curious, hardworking and passionate associates to join various teams across our product-facing business functions as well as areas that are not so product focused. Ranging from highly creative to analytically savvy and everywhere in-between, the Coordinators on our teams provide entry-level support while gaining exposure to some of our key business driving teams and processes. By beginning your A&F career journey as one of our Corporate Retail Coordinators, you’ll be able to learn more about what it takes to work in different roles across our business and discover what the best long-term role fit could be for you. Chat with us to learn which opportunity best suits your interests and experience!
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
Entry-level opportunities may be available on the following teams:
CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT: Responsible for the end-to-end success of our wholesale/franchise relationships. Provide assistance to our growing wholesale and franchise corporate development group. Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with sourcing and production teams.
SOURCING & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: Managing the Retail Merchandising System (RMS) for commitment/PO issuance and maintenance. Communicating with external vendors on RMS. Ordering and tracking incoming samples requested by Public Relations and Marketing teams. Maintaining accurate production charts and tools that are consistent with the RMS system. Communicate and manage any production related issues or opportunities with relevant internal stakeholders.
PLANNING & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: Provide regular data entry support to the Inventory Management and Planning department including: managing store presentations, setting up inventory work streams, and pulling reporting to identify inventory and plan inefficiencies. Execute to Merchandise Planner partners prioritization of flow of product considering inventory constraints. Support and execute to testing strategies, category specific initiatives and ad-hoc analysis.
- VISUAL MERCHANDISING: Create individual store communication regarding floorset operations, store layout, in-store/window displays, marketing, and promotional activity. Create and maintain Visual Brand Standards communication. Assist with floorset documentation including formatting of Seasonal Floorset Tools. Understand the Visual Merchandising System in which we input all merchandise placement – fixtures, mapping, reporting and forms.
SAMPLE LIBRARY: Maintain sample management and distribution throughout various departments at the Global Home Office. Learn and apply the inventory platform to properly report daily intake and current inventory levels. Maintain relationships and processes with cross functional partners. Train & develop high performing, committed & organized team members to support the success of the campus stores & Sample Library. Support of various special projects as needed.
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for the A&F Co. Brands
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to be flexible to changing demands and respond to feedback
- A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brands
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & we have six work from anywhere weeks per year).*
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement; we believe in promoting from within!
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
*does not apply to Sample Library Coordinators
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER