Assistant Merchandise Planner
Planners are the strategic drivers of our product teams, shaping the inventory and financial strategy behind every product. Interpreting and balancing current sales, inventory analysis, financial goals, and emerging trends, our Merchandise Planners build the strategies that maximize our product success and profitability. Planners forecast future product performance, establish sales strategies across domestic, international, and e-commerce channels, and strategically manage our inventory around the world.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Driving sales and margin for your department/s by crafting your assortment architecture and strategizing department and mid-level plans by region and channel.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop business strategies, managing profitability, and reacting to change while making strategic decisions based on current sales and inventory information
- Researching the global market and leveraging that information to build the most compelling and profitable financial plan
- Forecasting and implementing product distribution strategies by analyzing sales data and store inventory levels, incorporating variations by channel
- Clearly presenting selling and inventory analysis and performance-to-plan results and strategies to senior leadership, providing insight on selling analysis, customer insights, and trend ideas
- Managing inventory and pricing strategy at the key item and sku level
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- 1+ years related experience
- Passion for the A&F brands and the role
- Prior merchandise planning experience is preferred
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners
- Desire to take on the responsibility of running a portion of a multi-billion-dollar business
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leaders
- Ability to balance between robust analytical capability and an interest in the creative process
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire & curiosity to learn more
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
Would you jump at the chance to be part of reinventing one of the world’s most recognizable brands? At A&F, we’re on a mission to inspire our customers to be confident, feel comfortable, and face their fierce. Our goal is to create relevant products and brand experiences that allow our customers to define the narrative of their own stories. We approach the work week with a long weekend mindset: free from stress and with time well spent, we can realize our full potential.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER