Home Office Customer Care Representative (Full Time & Part Time available)
The Customer Service team at Abercrombie & Fitch is a critical component of the customer experience and our commitment to quality. The team supports all brands across all of our channels. We strive to provide our customers with legendary service with personal attention and focus on first contact resolution.
We are looking for talented service professionals with friendly, positive attitudes who will engage in legendary interactions with our customers. Ensuring customer satisfaction and delivering First Contact Resolution is not just your goal...you’ll accept nothing less. You are calm, cool, and collected, have a high level of empathy and kindness, and can stay positive when facing difficult interactions.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What will you be doing?
- Serve as a second level of contact for customers to support any post-sale issues or inquiries. Leverage excellent written communication and de-escalation skills to provide the best solutions for every customer through active listening, demonstrating empathy, asking probing questions, education, and setting expectations for next steps
- Respond to customer ratings and reviews – both publicly on the website and privately via outbound email
- May assist with conducting research and analysis of account history to assess levels of risk and detect fraud activity and respond to customer inquiries as appropriate. Will partner closely with aligned Supervisor to share findings and assist in identifying current fraud trends and root causes.
- Demonstrate qualities representative of A&F’s unique culture with a strong appreciation for customer service, inclusiveness, and a casual hospitality
- Primarily receive and respond to inbound email contacts but should feel comfortable flexing to support chat and voice inquiries as well as volume dictates
- Document exactly what action was taken or needs to be taken in the system
- Ensure proper security procedures are followed on all customer interactions
- Maintain thorough knowledge of systems so that information can be researched, and proper information is given to customer
- Learn and retain a thorough working knowledge of all existing and new products and services
- Achieve assigned Key Performance Indicators – e.g. CSAT, Quality, UPH
- Attend Team Meetings/additional training sessions as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Ability to flex between a variety of tasks
- Willing to learn new information each day, learnability
- Friendly, upbeat, and outgoing personality that believes in providing excellent customer service
- Strong aptitude for navigating various software applications
- High energy and inspiration in everything you do for your customers
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes
- Ability to think and deliver results independently
- Ability to analyze situations, make quick decisions, and facilitate proper resolution
- Ability to defuse situations, get to the root cause and solve the problem
- Preferred: Customer service experience communicating with customers through various channels
- Past retail experience will be considered an asset
- Excellent written communication skills - using proper grammar with smooth flow
- Ability to listen attentively and to use information provided by customers to tailor responses and actions to meet the customers' specific needs
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, [including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off], as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER