Assistant Specialist, HR
Responsible for ensuring the HR strategy is implemented across assigned business areas with a clear integration and support to overall business strategy. Uses key business metrics and a solid understanding of business operations to develop tailored solutions and innovation. Areas of responsibility include retention, career development, performance management, compliance management, and employee relations.
Additional responsibilities include developing and facilitating training, project management and developing relationships with other departments.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Provides guidance on company policies and procedures
- Advises and administers disciplinary action utilizing the Documentation & Termination System
- Assists with policy development and specific country policy updating and communication
- Ensures stores are operating in a manner compliant with applicable laws and policies through an ongoing training and audit program
- Partners with store management to implement and maintain initiatives that will positively impact business results (Talent Management, Career Development, Compliance Management)
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Fluent in English, Japanese is a huge plus
- BA Degree in HR required (MA Preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and provide analysis and risk assessment
- Ability to support and thrive in a changing environment
- Ability to influence others
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong labor relations knowledge (ideally in retail)
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER