Director, Digital Product Management (Remote)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of five global, renowned lifestyle brands: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. We reach customers across 120+ countries and strive to create inclusive, welcoming, omni-channel experiences for our global customers.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
At Abercrombie & Fitch, the Director, Product Management leads at the intersection of business, technology, and design to define and deliver customer-first, digitally enabled experiences throughout the ecosystem for our global brands.
This highly visible and collaborative role is focused on identifying and delivering value within their respective digital product area as part of A&F’s Digital Product Team. This role operates strategically in developing the vision and direction for their digital product area while tactically inspiring cross functional teams and leading the daily activities enabling their product area
What will you be doing?
- Building, coaching and mentoring digital product management team members grounded in human centric, Lean UX and agile practices.
- Setting the multi-year product vision and strategy across the Abercrombie & Fitch brand ecosystem. The vision and strategy will aim to succeed against identified customer needs, business goals, data & insights.
- Translating product vision and strategy into outcome focused roadmaps that communicate clear direction and digital product priorities across the organization based on the value that will be delivered.
- Collaborating with cross-functional areas (Product Design, IT, Store Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to identify and deliver value through a human-centric, digitally enabled ecosystem.
- Providing direction across multiple product financials and setting short and long-term product goals and quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Managing multiple stakeholder expectations while ensuring hypotheses and decisions that impact potential outcomes are grounded in material business and customer benefits.
- Serving as the subject matter expert as it pertains to the customers, market, industry, and competition across our digital products and services.
- Providing end-to-end subject matter expertise for personalization and browse digital products and as the primary point for any needs related to the product area.
- Analyzing consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from a build/buy perspective, assessing current competitor offerings, identifying opportunities for differentiation.
- Partnering with finance and other teams as needed to develop and communicate business cases and benefits to support investment in product features and functionality.
- Identifying, defining, and communicating challenges, opportunities, risks, and issues while developing the appropriate recommendations to address challenges, realize value, and mitigate risks and issues.
- Help support annual planning, defining strategic investment plans, estimation of benefits, and sequencing workstreams.
What will you need to bring?
- 10 or more years digital product management experience in consumer-facing mobile and web products with track record of delivering new and innovative customer experiences to market.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years retail industry experience or equivalent domain experience.
- Experience in building, leading and mentoring product management teams.
- Proficiency at appropriately applying Design Thinking, Agile, and Lean methods to identify and deliver high-value business and customer outcomes through digital products.
- Well versed in modern digital technologies and ability to facilitate communication and activities between business, technology, and digital product teams.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to influence both at a strategic leadership level and cross functionally.
- Strategic mindset and bias for action with strong ability for strategic planning, defining OKR’s and driving business outcomes through digital products.
- A proven track record of delivering innovative and engaging customer experiences informed by data and insights.
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations, balance competing priorities, and demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Natural leader, with ability to bring a group to consensus and inspire enthusiasm towards the goals of the team.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER