Social Media Specialist - Gilly Hicks (Remote)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Everyone has their own unique happy place. Like laying in a field of daisies on a pile of puppies while [insert your celebrity crush here] feeds you grapes off a charcuterie board, or parallel parking in front of a crowded outdoor restaurant on a busy street as the diners inexplicably cheer on your seamlessly executed three-point turn. (Turns out, one narcissist’s happy place is another person’s hell.) At Gilly Hicks, we’re equal opportunity enjoyers, here to help you find your happy place (no matter how wtf-inducing).
Hey, you! Yes, you, over there, agonizing over which emoji to put in your Insta caption 😤. If that made you feel seen, keep reading. We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist who’s ready to dive headfirst into the digital happy place that is @GillyHicks. (Warning, you may encounter flowers, puppies, and/or smiley faces on the way down). We’re looking for a content rockstar who is equal parts strategic and creative– someone ready to drive a brand who’s all about happy to the next level on social. This social media Swiss Army Knife will support the Social Marketing Manager in real-time strategy and daily execution of content on Gilly Hicks social channels, and be responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and hindsight of weekly campaign tactics. Right brain feeling a little left out? No worries, we got you 🎨. You’d also be working closely with the Creative Team to bring content to life both seasonally and weekly, and ensure that our chatty, fun, and sometimes (ok, uh…more than sometimes) feisty brand voice is maintained through all communication on our channels. Basically, we need YOU to bring #GillyHicksHappy to life, so get ready to dream BIG. 😍
What will you be doing?
- Plan and execute social media content (i.e.: content + campaign ideation, creative briefing, and posting) - have a creative vision for the social feed and help facilitate it coming to life!
- Plan and traffic all social projects through weekly process with creative & merchandising teams
- Partner with copy team to engage with customers on social media through community management strategies
- Monitor industry creative best practices / trends and maintain competitive library of new content opportunities through weekly and monthly reporting
- Monitor conversations on relevant social platforms to maintain relevant brand messaging and pause posting if necessary
- Maintain relationship with platform partners to resolve issues and maximize partnerships through feedback and consistent communication
- Coverage of weekly creative meetings and touchpoints to stay on top of upcoming projects and provide feedback/updates
- Provide feedback on creative assets to make sure that our content is the best that it can be
- Attend shoots/brand activations & potentially support in content capture that ladders up to the social content strategy (potentially some travel required)
- Measure, analyze and report weekly & monthly campaign metrics and identify opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Customer Service team on making sure brand voice is consistent
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-4 years of digital marketing or social media management experience
- Curiosity and passion for all things social marketing - can tell us about all of the latest trends in digital and what brands are killing it and why
- Expertise and familiarity with current and emerging social channels (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.)
- Understanding of what an authentic brand voice sounds like and the ability to bring that to life through multiple avenues
- A creative eye with the ability to create/post on-the-fly or reactive content
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible and capable of changing and adapting to accommodate internal and external circumstances
- Highly motivated and collaborative with a willingness to learn
- Strategic, analytic and structured thinking ability
- Fearlessness: be ready to dive right in, develop a point of view, and share it!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado.