- Columbus, OH, USA
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Campus Facilities is devoted to the coordination of space, infrastructure, people and the organization. It is our role to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance plus the proper operation of all aspects of a building to create an optimal, safe and cost effective environment for our associates to function. The electrician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, and repair according to safety, productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the company’s business goals and objectives. Our maintenance technicians are key members of our team enhancing the value and usefulness of our facilities and equipment.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs in the areas of electrical, carpentry, drywall, concrete, and painting
- Assist in maintaining property appearance, equipment and systems to ensure operational performance and operational efficiency and safety
- Uses a maintenance reporting system to record time and material use, work orders, deferred maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, problems identified and corrected, and further actions required
- Maintain parts and tool inventory
- Detect faulty operations, defective materials or equipment and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Participate in safety/emergency training programs provided by Management
- Execute area furniture set up, event coordination, and office moves
What Do You Need to Bring?
- 3+ years of experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical and data systems
- State license to install, service, test and repair fire alarms, communications and detection a plus
- Associate degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field a plus
- Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations
- Possess knowledge to safely and effectively use maintenance tools and equipment
- Aptitude to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals and schematics
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- Understand the importance of a good attitude and “team spirit” along with working well with other staff members
- May be called to respond for emergency or overtime work on weekends and holidays as required
- Capability to lift and/or move items up to or over 50 pounds, climb, crawl, crouch etc.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER