Specialist, Social Media (HCo)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Are you someone who views the world through summer-tinted lenses? Can you seamlessly slip into the teenage-summer-break version of yourself? Are you picturing your old Facebook statuses right now? We know you’re probably cringing….old Facebook statuses will do that to you.
We’re looking for people who are invested in the teen mindset, who get Gen Z and who want to empower teens to be their most confident, comfortable and capable selves. We’re more than a clothing brand --¬¬ we’re a platform for amplifying teen stories. We believe in living like it’s summer all year long, because to us, summer isn’t a season. It’s a state of mind.
We are actively seeking a driven, creative, and strategic candidate to fill the role of Specialist of Social Media Strategy to drive best-in-class organic social strategy for Hollister Co. The candidate that will be successful in this role will have in-depth knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and other top Gen Z social media platforms, and has an expert grasp on Gen Z culture. The team player should be able to identify trends across the social space before they have taken off, and understand how our brand can capitalize on them in authentic ways. The Senior Specialist of Social Media will be a key player in driving big-picture strategy across all social platforms, and will be responsible for driving best-in-class engagement and growing key platforms to bring the initiatives to life. Candidates should be highly skilled at forming and managing internal and external relationships, generating creative, out-of-the-box ideas, and excel at bringing the best out in others. This leader must present an entrepreneurial mindset and thrive in ambiguity.
What will you be doing?
- Accountable for annual and seasonal planning for all Hollister social platforms, including developing big picture and tactical strategy, building editorial calendars, social listening/community management, trend hunting, reporting, budgets, and working with creative photo and video teams to guide the production of premium social content
- Develop customer-first organic social strategies on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and beyond that tie back to overarching brand strategy and resonate with the core Gen Z demographic, focused on developing content and strategies that extend storytelling and brand building onto social platforms.
- Lead and influence teams in matrixed and virtual/remote organization to drive brand success
- Provide regular reviews and POVs around incoming trends and analysis of emerging ideas in the social space
- Work with both internal and external partners to bring tactics and strategies to life.
- Responsible for tracking and managing social budgets for strategy activation
- Measure, analyze and report social metrics and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional and external partners
- Partner with product and merchandising teams to develop seasonal strategies
- Leverage social tools to drive community management and engagement
- Build plans that take into account macro environment and general social conversation, provide read and react plans to ensure we are positioned in conversations with Gen Z appropriately
- Partner with creative teams to develop direction, shot lists, and creative requirements for social support
- Put the customer at the center of everything we do - Partner with Customer Insights team to shape research and identify key insights and drive their integration into strategic direction
- Develop ideas for longer term strategies and growth that helps achieve long range plans
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of hands-on social media experience with a brand or agency
- Deep understanding of top social media platforms, including TikTok, IG, and YouTube
- Ability to balance multiple workstreams and prioritization
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Highly motivated and collaborative with a willingness to learn
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Deep knowledge of youth culture, preferably with an interest in fashion retail and global Gen Z
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and deal with accelerated deadlines and shifting deliverable
- Fun, friendly, positive team player who is open to receiving and executing feedback
- *Please provide any Instagram, TikTok or other social handles you manage - we're all about social and want to see what you've got!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER