Leadership Development Program - Full Time & Summer Internship
- Columbus, OH, USA
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Based out of our world headquarters in Columbus, OH the A&F LDP Programs are highly competitive initiatives that offer immediate exposure to senior level management, as well as a carefully crafted balance between classroom sessions and hands-on experience. With a “promote from within” mentality in mind, these programs have been designed to shape top candidates into the future leaders of our company. The LDP Programs feature an initial comprehensive training program up to six weeks long and continued career development through a custom curriculum. Full-time Leadership Development Programs are offered in Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Merchandising, Planning, Supply Chain, Visual Merchandising.
The comprehensive orientation programs will include:
• Combination of classroom sessions and on-the-job training
• Relationship with a Mentor to guide learning in the new role
• Interactive presentations from a variety of senior leaders in the company
• Open and inclusive learning environment with fellow associates
• Integrated social activities to help transition to Columbus and the unique corporate culture at A&F
• Preparation to effectively manage a portion of the business in one of our critical areas at Home Office
What Will You Be Doing?
• FINANCE (Full-Time & Internship): Honing a unique and multi-faceted skill set through our rotational model, and gaining exposure to multiple disciplines within our corporate finance teams. Highly analytical and results-oriented, our Financial Analysts make an immediate impact on corporate strategy and direction. Rotational opportunities include areas such as Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Treasury, Capital Projects, Business Unit Finance and Financial Reporting.
• HUMAN RESOURCES (Full-Time): The Human Resources team is dedicated to identifying, acquiring, developing, and retaining the best and brightest within the retail industry and beyond. In addition to supporting our associates at the home office and around the world, our team is continually focused on preserving our one-of-a-kind corporate culture, which is grounded in passion, collaboration, curiosity and optimism. Associates will gain exposure to a variety of areas within our multi-faceted Human Resources department including recruiting, training and associate relations.
• INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Full-Time & Internship): Generating and implementing new strategic or systematic approaches, and creating dynamic technology solutions for our rapidly growing business. Committed to applying technology to solve business problems, our IT Analysts and Engineers partner with teams across the company, hone software development skills using cutting edge tools, and create and uphold technology standards and processes.
• MERCHANDISING (Full-Time & Internship): Managing the strategy for millions of dollars of product each day. Entrepreneurial in nature, Merchants lead a cross-functional team to maximize the financial success of their product line and must possess the unique ability to be both analytical and creative on a daily basis. Merchants are the experts on our customer, understanding their lifestyle, behaviors and preferences to predict and capitalize on market trends. From working with our designers to identify the next styles and trends for our stores, to analyzing sales and identifying growth strategies for the business, our Merchants are involved with every aspect of the product and the customer.
• PLANNING (Full-Time & Internship): Shaping the inventory and financial strategy behind every product. Interpreting and balancing current sales, inventory analysis, financial goals, and emerging trends our Merchandise Planners build the plans that maximize our product success and profitability. Planners forecast future product performance, establish sales strategies across domestic, international, and e-commerce channels, and strategically distribute our products around the world.
• SUPPLY CHAIN (Full-Time & Internship): Supporting our global logistics network to efficiently deliver products for our brands. Our Supply Chain Analysts build a diverse skill set during rotations through multiple facets of the organization. Our Supply Chain team synchronizes supply and demand, while measuring global business performance.
• VISUAL MERCHANDISING (Full-Time): Driving the creative process behind our in-store experience, specially crafting what customers see and feel, to create unique environments that maximize sales and profitability. Coordinating customer-centric product placement strategies, Visual team members must think creatively and aesthetically while considering key analytical data on a daily basis. Our Visual team cultivates the vision, excitement, and emotion of our Brands.
The A&F Leadership Development Programs offer highly competitive compensation packages for full time trainees. Other benefits include sign-on and relocation bonuses, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, industry-leading healthcare coverage, and company matching savings and retirement programs.
Historically our interns have been compensated $9,000 for the 10-week program. Other benefits of the program have included housing provided by A&F for the duration of the program, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, and organized social events throughout the summer. Our interns end the summer with a thorough understanding of the full-time Leadership Development Program and have early access to full-time job opportunities.
What Do You Need to Bring?
• Junior or Senior status working towards a Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Passion for the A&F brands and the role
• Proven leadership experience
• Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners
• Desire to take on the responsibility of running a portion of our multi-billion dollar business
• A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
• Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
• Desire to learn & hunger for more!
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA attached.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER