Senior Photographer - A&F
- Columbus, OH, USA
At Abercrombie & Fitch, we’re on a mission to inspire our customers to be confident, feel comfortable, and face their fierce, and our goal is to create relevant products and brand experiences that allow them to define the narrative of their own stories. We approach the work week with a long weekend mindset: free from stress and with time well spent, we have the ability to realize our full potential. Together, we inspire one another to team up, build up and show up. We aim high and get shit done. Together, we are all leaders, no matter our position or tenure. Always inclusive and welcoming, we take collective pride in helping one another feel as confident and comfortable as we can be.
Are you photo-obsessed? Passionate about capturing timeless, candid portraiture and relevant fashion lifestyle imagery? Would you jump at the chance to be part of reinventing one of the world’s most recognizable brands? At Abercrombie, we’re doing just that — and our Creative Department is seeking a Senior Photographer with an exceptional eye to join our cause.
The Senior Photographer for A&F will partner closely with the Creative and Photo Art Direction teams to elevate the in-house editorial brand photography. On a weekly basis, you’ll be concepting shoots and capturing and editing imagery to create the overall visual look and feel of our in-house brand photography based on our brand guidelines. You’ll have the opportunity to expand your portfolio while working with a talented team in supporting our initiative to elevate our in-house studio and branded assets. While in studio and on location, you’ll collaborate with in-house stylists, producers, post-production teams, professional models and hair and make-up artists to create editorial marketing imagery to be used online, in social media and in stores around the globe. The ideal Senior Photographer for A&F has an exceptionally high taste level for natural, candid imagery and loves the fact that we never retouch our pictures. The best candidates are those who have an amazing on-set attitude, are respectful and thoughtful towards cast and crew, make people feel comfortable in front of the camera, and are excited to be an active partner in the creative process.
At Abercrombie, you’ll be part of a diverse and collaborative team of creative, strategic, and curious individuals who are constantly looking for new ways to learn about our customers and push the envelope in our efforts to inspire them. Candidates should have a true passion for brand storytelling, an amazing eye for photography and fashion, and strong communication and organizational skills. As a member of our creative team, you’ll be encouraged to push boundaries and stay curious in leading Abercrombie & Fitch forward.
This position will report directly to our Associate Creative Director of Brand Imagery and is based at the A&F campus in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Photographing various on-figure shoots for Abercrombie & Fitch, including in-house editorial shoots, key category asset & fit guide shoots, and supplementary imagery as needed
- Collaborating with Creative Directors and cross-functional teams to understand brand guidelines, shot lists and asset needs prior to shoot to ensure final imagery delivers on the objective
- Partnering closely with Photo Art Direction team on all editorial shoots for overall lighting, mood, and style for shoot; adjusting set design and lighting to create desired direction
- Directing talent on set while working closely with stylists to ensure product and product details are highlighted
- Recommending lighting direction and being hands-on with set-up and set design
- Assisting in post-production, editing and image processing and using an interactive database to track images
- Managing & maintain archived shoots, folder structures and file name conventions for editorial shoots
- Maintaining equipment, set and cameras and ordering equipment as needed
- Occasionally assisting still life styling team with lighting for special projects
- Occasionally photographing ad hoc requests like home office events and executive headshots
- Showcasing a strong sense of team-orientated, positive, proactive on-set skills
- Meeting brand imagery standards and maintaining consistent on-brand vision within a fast-paced and collaborative environment
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography or related field required
- 5 - 7 years experience in on-figure photography, retail fashion and e-commerce experience highly preferred
- Proficiency in Capture One, Nikon cameras and Adobe Creative Suite is a must
- Working knowledge of moving imagery, video and film equipment is a plus
- High level of familiarity with shooting for social and mobile media
- Experience with tethered shooting workflow required
- Robust knowledge of both studio and natural lighting is required
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills – our turnaround time is quick!
- Must possess positive communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Some travel may be required; most shooting occurs at the A&F campus in Columbus, Ohio
- Ability to lift or move heavy studio equipment and grip is needed
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012