Sr. Data Architect - Data and Insights
- Columbus, OH, USA
At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
The senior data architect will join A&F’s team of data engineers, BI developers and architects to build, deploy and supporting EDW/BI/Analytics components to address the rapidly growing analytical needs of the organization. This role sits within the Data & Insights organization in IT, and will work closely with data engineering, BI and data science teams. As the enterprise data architect, you will help lead the effort to create and execute the enterprise data strategy focused on driving value from our data. You must have demonstrated acumen in data architecture, advance analytics and in its underlying processes and infrastructure.
This role will lead the data and analytics solutioning activities including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of complex data structures and applications to meet the BI & analytics needs of the A&F business. This role will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to manage information in EDW and data lake in accordance with enterprise standards and governing principles.
What will you be doing?
- Performs thorough requirements analysis and documentation for assigned projects. Facilitates resource efforts estimates associated with EDW/BI/Analytics solution. Provides technical leadership for data and analytics projects to ensure efficient and effective execution.
- Works collaboratively with business and IT teams and provides technical support to develop and refine data structures and analytic application specifications. Coordinates all aspects of data quality including user testing throughout the application lifecycle.
- Drives solution design sessions to translates business requirements into logical and physical system designs for large/complex projects in compliance with overall EDW/Analytics design standards and principles.
- Provisions data from source systems into various layers of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Analytics tools to support specific analytic requirements and applications. Captures and maintains business and technical metadata associated with data structures in compliance with overall EDW design standards and principles.
- Ensures standards for change management and production control are understood and followed.
- Provides support and technical guidance to resolve issues. Ensures documentation and proper on-call support.
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field with 10+ year of relevant experience.
- Must have systems architecture background, with emphasis on Business Intelligence solutions along-with strong understanding of data management principles and ability to identify usage scenarios and patterns for BI solutions with experience working in a matrixed environment
- Must have expertise in
- Modern and enterprise BI reporting solutions such as Tableau, OBIEE, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc.
- Enterprise data warehousing solutions such as Netezza, Teradata etc.
- noSQL and big data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Cloud data warehousing solutions.
- Preferred Candidates will have
- Expertise in delivery processes such as Agile & Waterfall and knowledge of development lifecycle tools such as JIRA, QC, etc
- Experience with architecture tools such as Visio, Creately, Gliffy, Google Draw, etc
- Experience with retail industry, with focus on analytics, architecture and/or BI will be a great plus
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012