Analyst, Controller's Organization
- Columbus, OH, USA
At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
Are you interested in exploring career opportunities in retail with our 125-year strong company but aren’t quite sure what the right starting point could be? Here at Abercrombie & Fitch Co., we are looking for curious, hard-working and passionate associates to join various teams across our accounting and finance functions. Possessing high curiosity and analytical savvy, the Analysts on our Controller’s Organization teams provide daily operational and monthly accounting support while gaining exposure to some of our key business driving teams and processes. Throughout your A&F career journey as one of our Analysts, you’ll be able to learn more about what it takes to work in different roles across our business and discover what the best long-term role fit could be for you.
Chat with us to learn where you could fit in! Opportunities are available on the following teams: Revenue Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Real Estate Accounting, Payroll Accounting, Global Payables and Inventory Control.
What will you be doing?
Examples of potential daily tasks could include:
- Represent the department in cross-functional settings
- Internal control assertions
- Process assessments and standardization
- Provide insight and analysis of financial results
- Explain variances and update forecasts
- Use analytics and critical thinking to solve daily operational problems and respond to ad hoc requests
- Develop and deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Reconcile accounts and prepare journal entries
- Develop and implement control-appropriate processes
- Increase efficiencies, tighten controls and reduce accounting risk
- Question process and drive improvements
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of relevant business experience (public accounting, audit, financial operations)
- PeopleSoft or similar Accounting/ERP system experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Full understanding of basic accounting principles
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative, engaged, flexible team player
- Critical thinking problem solver
- Heightened sense of personal ownership
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with people at various levels of the organization
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012