Front Desk Greeter - Distribution Center
- Columbus, OH, USA
At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
Front desk associates are also responsible for helping visitors find their way, this may include vendors visiting from overseas or perspective candidates interviewing for potential positions. They are there to ensure that anyone who needs assistance is taken care of-whether it is helping visitors and associates with bags to their car, using their resources to identify appropriate contacts, or assisting candidates with their application and interview process. Front desk associates sign-in guests and keep the reception area clean, uncluttered and organized, and most importantly they represent the A&F family of brands with a friendly, casual and fun attitude. Each front desk associate will also be responsible for general office tasks such as shipping packages and documents for full-time staff, answering phone calls, interfacing with senior leadership, keeping break areas tidy and stocked, and other everyday office tasks.
What will you be doing?
- Project energy and enthusiasm – make the area a warm and inviting place that provides an exciting and energetic social experience for all associates and visitors.
- Greet and assist all associates and visitors.
- Assist callers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Represent Abercrombie & Fitch with natural, classic American style.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Application review, telephone / in-person interview Distribution Center candidates.
- Meet, greet and sign-in candidates for interview and new hire orientation.
- Assist with administration and preparation of new hire orientation.
- Facilitate new hire orientations.
- Review background check information.
- Hire and dismiss applicants.
- Attend job fairs and recruiting events.
- Complete new hire paperwork.
- Onboard and process new hires utilizing Taleo and PeopleSoft.
- Assist associates with A&F Intranet.
- Maintain associate files.
- Identify critical HR issues and report them to HR Generalist.
- Assist with additional recruiting needs as necessary.
- Troubleshoot associate payroll questions.
- Assist in maintaining overall department standards for consistency/quality.
- Ensure effective communication across the business.
What will you need to bring?
- At least 18 years of age
- Flexible hours and availability to work additional hours, on weekends as necessary and in other departments of the business
- Detail oriented
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment and without direct supervision
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Periodic travel to career fairs and recruiting events
- Creativity to suggest improvements to the recruiting process
- Passion for customer service
- Intermediate PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and/or other software/database skills.
- Experience with SmartRecruiters preferred
- Excellent oral, written communication and analytical skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Ability to effectively speak in front of a group of people
- Strong data entry/typing skills preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of employment law preferred
- 1 – 2 years of Customer Service, Operations, or Human Resources experience
- Distribution environment experience preferred
- Clean criminal/driving record
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012