(Senior) Director of Investments
- TA Partner: Daria Samburic
We are an equal opportunities employer and place where everyone is welcome. We strongly encourage people from minority backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We’re one of the world’s largest privately owned real estate tech companies and a subsidiary of Axel Springer. Our mission is to unlock everyone’s perfect place! Some of Europe’s best known digital real estate marketplaces and brands form part of our Group, they are: 🇫🇷 Meilleurs Agents, 🇫🇷 Groupe SeLoger, 🇧🇪 Immoweb, 🇩🇪 Immowelt, 🇪🇸 Housell and 🇮🇱 Yad2.
We also invest in innovative business models which shape the future of how people buy, sell, rent or lend properties and hold minority participations in companies such as: 🇬🇧 PurpleBricks, 🇩🇪 Homeday, 🇺🇸 Zumper and 🇺🇸 Parcel.
Our ambition is to be the leading Employer in PropTech across Europe and this is a pivotal time to join us as we embark on this journey enabling us to help unlock everyone’s perfect place!
What we do in Strategy & Transformation
We are responsible for defining the strategy and lead its execution to transform the AVIV Group.
Our team lead strategy and OKR setting in response to company capabilities, changing customer needs and the competitive market context. We prioritise strategic initiatives to optimise investment between various countries and customer opportunities by driving execution in top multi-country/function initiatives through PMO, insights and progress tracking - we’re also responsible for up and out of organisation messaging. Our work also includes source, seed and accelerating transformation opportunities, working closely with markets to deliver and embed greenshoot innovation.
The (Senior) Director of Investment and Business Development is a key outward-focused, responsible for strategically sourcing, setting up and delivering the external opportunities that accelerate delivery of our transformation and growth.
- Outline and own AVIV’s buy/partner strategy, identifying and prioritising the key opportunities to accelerate our transformation and growth
- Set-up and streamline an efficient and effective pipeline of companies, contacting and having in-depth discussions with a large number of companies which could be potential targets, convincing and executing their addition to AVIV (whether partner or buy)
- Build up a comprehensive target map, landscape and network within Europe Proptech so that AVIV is top of mind for adjacent business companies or growing tech companies that would help AVIV building quicker its vision
- Ensure a successful synergy creation and integration plan that will allow realisation of any synergies identified
- Success would be doubling the value of AVIV in the next 3 years through partnerships and acquisitions (2-5 acquisitions) and helping deliver the transformation from country classifieds to European real estate platform
We believe you’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 10 years+ professional experience with leadership skills and a strong execution bias with proven capacity to source and execute on deals that deliver tangible results and value
- Relevant experience in venture capital, investments, business development and investment banking preferably leading the investment strategy and sourcing for a fund or company
- Entrepreneurial, someone who is curious and can take initiative, with a a capacity to think holistically and strategically
- Capacity to build trusted and credible relationships with multiple stakeholders, in particular external parties
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English is essential (written and verbal) with fluency in German and French a plus
- This is a fascinating point to join a highly successful digital business in a fast-paced market, leveraging a proven model, great brands, outstanding people and considerable financial firepower (funding) to lead the company through its next phase of growth
- Full ownership of your projects with the opportunity to launch an exciting career at AVIV working closely with top-management
- Being part of a motivated, dynamic and international team as heart of our digital transformation
- Flexible working hours, remote work options and 30 vacation days per year
- Attractive and exciting job-based in Berlin or Paris, with the possibility to travel to the other offices
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve