Associate Ventures and Portfolio Management (m/w/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- TA Partner: Daria Samburic
We are an equal opportunities employer and place where everyone is welcome. We strongly encourage people from minority backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We are one of the world’s largest PropTech groups, backed by Axel Springer and KKR, and headquartered in Berlin, Germany. Our family of leading brands includes some of Europe’s best-known digital real estate marketplaces across Germany 🇩🇪 (Immowelt), France 🇫🇷 (Meilleurs Agents, Groupe SeLoger, Logic-Immo), Belgium 🇧🇪 (Immoweb), Spain 🇪🇸 (Housell) and Israel 🇮🇱 (Yad2), making us a global leader among digital classifieds players.
We invest in innovative business models which shape the future of how people buy, sell, rent or let properties and in addition to our core portfolio we hold minority participations in companies such as: 🇬🇧 PurpleBricks, 🇩🇪 Homeday, and 🇺🇸 Parcel.
Our ambition is to be the leading Employer in PropTech across Europe. This is a pivotal time to join us as we embark on this journey enabling us to help unlock everyone’s perfect place!
What we do in Ventures & Incubation
The Ventures & Incubation team manages AVIV’s growth investment portfolio and builds and/or acquires new ventures to serve best owners, buyers, renters, and agents’ needs. As a strategic investment vehicle, it focuses on investment opportunities with high potential, aiming to fast-track scaling and value creation. It plays a key role in making AVIV the leading European real estate platform.
Reporting to the Senior Director Ventures & Incubation, the Associate will play a key role in assessing new growth opportunities, maximizing value from existing portfolio companies and driving the execution of selected growth programs.
- Work with existing portfolio companies to drive growth by developing and executing value creation plans
- Identify relevant growth opportunities in the market aligned with AVIV’s corporate strategy, and formulate plans to realize them through a buy/build/partner framework
- Work with the Ventures and Incubation team to develop market analysis and uncover future innovation drivers to inform AVIV’s investment strategy
- Build bottom-up financial models to quantify an opportunity’s potential
- Provide project management capabilities to ensure effective tracking and analytical reporting across portfolio initiatives
- Support managing AVIV’s portfolio of minority investments
- Be an ambassador for our AVIV values and drive cultural initiatives
Who we are looking for
- Outstanding degree from a top university in a business-related or quantitative field
- Strong foundation in M&A, preferably with a top-tier investment bank, VC or P/E fund, or management/strategy consultancy
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and executing organic and inorganic growth plans
- Familiarity with the European tech start-up ecosystem, especially e-commerce and marketplace businesses, and a passion for technology, start-ups and investing
- Outstanding ability to communicate and break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages
- Fluent in English and German
- This role would suit someone who can bring some diversity of thought into the existing team, particularly those requiring flexibility for parenting or caring responsibilities
What we offer you
- This is a fascinating point to join a highly successful business in a fast-paced market, leveraging a proven model, great brands, outstanding people and considerable financial firepower to lead the company through its next phase of growth
- Strong ownership of your projects, with the opportunity to launch an exciting career at AVIV
- Being part of a great, passionate, international team of talented individuals
- Exciting job based in Berlin, with the possibility to travel to the other offices
- Flexible working hours, remote work options and 30 vacation days per year