Entry/Mid Assistant Designer - Menswear
- Greater London House Hampstead Road London NW1 7FB UK, London, United Kingdom
We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
This role could be either an Entry or Mid Assistant Designer!
As an Assistant Designer, you will be working closely with the Designer/Senior Designer, designing the amazing ASOS DESIGN ranges for our twenty something customer. If you love fashion design, researching the latest trends and want to be part of a fast-paced fashion forward design team this could be the opportunity for you.
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave, and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
The Design Team look for inspiration all around the world, along with street style, vintage shopping, music, art, the catwalk and all things creative, to design the latest product for the range. It’s all about newness and finding and designing the most exciting product for our 20-something customer, whatever their style.
- Researching, developing, and designing ranges for ASOS DESIGN, including identifying key shapes for the season, colour, fabric and building a range which offers choice for our global customer base.
- Reacting to sales information and design commercially relevant fashion forward ranges.
- Researching current and future trends by a collection of different sources to identify newness and interpret into first to market pieces.
- Working with the technical team on initial fits. Identifying and helping problem solve for the department.
- Building relations with suppliers and advising factories on direction, construction, key details, materials, and trims.
- Adhering to the critical path to achieve deadlines, ensuring product is developed for the relevant and optimum selling period.
- An ability to research and develop unique product working on long lead time product as well as quick reaction short lead ranges.
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- Previous experience in designing for an Aspirational Brand or similar High Street Retailer.
- Previous experience of working with Far East, European and UK suppliers
- Experience in working with a Buyer to plan and deliver a balanced range and first to market pieces
- Strong commercial handwriting and understanding of the ASOS Brand and Customer
- Computer Skills: Photoshop, Adobe, CAD
- A fashion forward perspective
- Strong time management
- The confidence to identify problems and makes improvement suggestions, seeking practical ways to overcome barriers and remaining calm under pressure
- The ability to communicate to the team & senior management the performance and strategy of the department
- Willingness to travel in the UK and Internationally as required, for supplier meetings and inspiration / development trips
Please apply with a Portfolio or relevant work examples.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.