Partnership Merchandise Planner
- Greater London House Hampstead Road London NW1 7FB UK, London, United Kingdom
We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
ASOS Partner Fulfilment Programme
The ASOS Partner Fulfilment programme is a gateway for ASOS Partner Brands to sell their inventory directly to ASOS customers. The programme’s aim is to improve the ASOS customer experience by providing improved size availability and more choice within the current brand portfolio as well as onboarding 100’s of locally relevant brands in key markets globally. We have an ambitious target for the programme to make up 5% of total ASOS GMV by 2025
The Partner Fulfilment team falls within the Commercial Operations function; it is our job to manage a key trading leaver for the Commercial teams in order to maximise the trading opportunities with our brand partners on the ASOS.com platform.
As a Partnerships Merchandise Planner you will be a brand and product category specialist reporting to the Head of Strategic Partnerships. You will operate the day to day planning and trading of the ASOS Partner Fulfilment Programme through careful management of budgets and long term range planning and supporting the Head of Strategic Partnerships to lay the planning foundations in order for programme to reach 5% of ASOS GMV by 2025.
You will work collaboratively with the Commercial Partner Fulfilment team and the Commercial 3rd party branded teams to agree appropriate levels of budget allocation pre-season, and continually analyse performance to identify opportunities and risk, making recommendations to the business to drive sales and commission.
You will demonstrate
1. Strategic thinking
- Delivering against existing strategy by executing deliverables against key milestones:
- Proposing and managing brand and product category budgets across business units, producing clear budget targets on time with regular review periods
- Through strategic planning and trading of the brand and category performance, managing budgets to achieve agreed partner fulfilment targets to the business.
- Providing guidance to Commercial teams of width (additional ranges) and depth (backfill missing sizes) to satisfy customer demand.
- Planning and trading 100% Partner Fulfil brands recommending width targets and monitoring size availability
- Interpretation of sales performance and propose actions to capitalise on opportunity and mitigate risk to sales including impact on .com sales.
- Working in collaboration with Brand Partners and Commercial teams to build long term planning targets in line with business direction
2. Business knowledge
- Understanding of the business to accomplish team objectives and contribute to programme / exec area vision:
- Ability to deliver assumption and data lead long term planning of existing brands and 100% partner fulfil brands.
- Delivering in-season trading through recommendations to re-allocate budgets based on customer demand to optimise stock health and increase sales and commission.
- Using analytical data to support decision making, analyse trading patterns and make recommendations for action to be taken to unexpected sales reactions and gaps in budgets
- Supporting the Head of Strategic Partnerships make strategic and trading decisions in a fast-paced environment:
- Providing day to day guidance and council to the Account Management team to deliver the programme objectives and support brand partnerships.
- Support the Partner Fulfilment On-boarding team in the on-boarding of brands to the programme
- Build open and transparent relationships with Branded Buying and Merchandise teams that enable trust and buy in to the strategy.
- Building strong cross-functional relationships to maximise the potential of the programme9
4. Problem solving
- Data lead to make decisions using skills and expertise to formulate a detailed action plan:
- Pre-season and in-season brand and product category plans
- Width & Depth guidance to buying and merchandise teams
- Creating budget proposals for partners to participate in key trading events
- Understanding the Customer Experience and Data Insights available to assist planning
We'd love to meet someone with
- A proven track record of driving sales performance through creative thinking at a merchandiser level
- Commercial approach and control of financial budgets and targets
- Strong numerical acumen to manage performance by brand and category
- Experience in planning, managing sales, stock, intake and OTB
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Fashion/market knowledge to be able to guide relevant trade-off decisions between business units.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to drive the best results for ASOS.com
- Strong organisational skills, able to use initiative and to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with colleagues at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.