Assistant Print & Graphic Designer - MW ASOS Design
- London, UK
We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working closely with the in-house design team to research, design and develop commercially relevant, exclusive, fashion forward prints and graphics for Asos Design garment range.
- Focusing on the print and graphic needs for your designated product area/s using market research to ensure we stay first to market.
- Work alongside the other graphic designers to highlight emerging print/ graphic trends, using all available resources, including shop reports, social media, catwalk research, blogs, magazines, and exhibitions to inform your decisions.
- Offering constant quick response print newness to the design and buying teams. You will demonstrate excellent agility, identifying trends and delivering them at speed.
- Presenting print and graphics ideas to colleagues and in-house buying teams.
- Pivoting design direction based on trade reactions and changing customer preferences.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- Previous experience in graphic design for garments is preferable, ideally for an aspirational brand, similar high street retailer or supplier.
- Previous experience working as part of a design team is preferable, taking direction when required.
- Good understanding of layout, typography & fashion placement graphics.
- Good understanding of the ASOS Brand and Customer.
- Good understanding of creating repeat prints for textiles.
- Ability to work across a variety of mediums. Have strong drawing skills and the ability to work across a multitude of handwritings.
- Proficient Computer skills including Photoshop, Adobe and Illustrator and CAD
- Fashion forward.
- Great time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
Please submit from 3/4 examples Portfolio pages with your application!!!
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.