Senior Traffic Manager
- London, UK
We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
Traffic Team, Marketing
The traffic team manages the creative resource within the Marketing department which delivers creative and brand content globally. That's basically all the amazing customer facing marketing, promotional and editorial content, and campaigns we make live. Working closely with the Traffic Lead, Traffic Manager, Junior Traffic Manager, and Integrated Producers.
The Traffic team function can be split as follows:
1. Resourcing: Identify Workloads through Creative teams for the fiscal year ensuring resource levels are met. Teams include and are not limited to Creative, Copy, Editorial, Fashion, Video, Design, Social, Strategic Brand Management and Content Specialists.
2. Freelancers & Finance: Directly relating to resourcing, the Traffic team are responsible for all Freelance contractors that work in the Marketing Department. At any given point we will deal with 5 to 30 freelancers.
3. Operations: Administration is at the centre of the traffic team as part of that we are responsible for Workfront, our Project Management tool to ensure it is always up to date.
The team itself are a passionate bunch - passionate about ASOS, our global
customers and the projects we work on - We’re truly supportive of each other both in and out of the office.
Reporting into the Traffic Lead, the purpose of this versatile role is to manage the planning within Marketing. This role is at the frontier of HR, Finance, Resourcing and Operations.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Forward planning the resource schedule using Workfront
- Keeping the workflow running seamlessly through the Marketing team. Working closely with Integrated Producers and team leads to ensure projects are booked in early enough to deliver on time, quality, and budget.
- Pre-empting scheduling clashes and resolving issues before they happen.
- Managing a busy and ever-changing resource schedule on a day-to-day basis
- Understanding who does what to allocate the right skills and time
- Providing regular reports on forecast vs actual resourced hours
- Holding daily and weekly resource meetings when required
- The day-to-day maintenance of the freelance tracking system allowing accurate forecasting and month end reconciliation
- Managing the freelancers process E2E including onboarding, any legal freelance processes as part of IR35, ensuring timesheets are completed and approved on time
- Managing finance processes related to freelancers and third-party recruitment agencies – including briefing, raising POs
- Support new ways of working within the creative teams and wider marketing department
- 5+ years’ experience working in-house or in an agency traffic / resourcing team
- Experience working in a team with stakeholders across multiple functions and levels of seniority
- An enthusiastic and proactive attitude. This role needs to be flexible and versatile
- It is imperative that you enjoy fast paced rhythm, constant change and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity. This is crucial in a high-growth environment, which continuously redefines itself, and essential for a candidate to have.
- Exceptional at multitasking and thrive in a fast-paced environment and attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Comfortable with Microsoft suite, particularly Excel
- Commercially minded - raising /receipting PO numbers, negotiating rates with third parties and freelancers
- An understanding of project management, budgeting and HR principles is essential
- Excellent understanding of how creative projects and creative team are resourced
- Brilliant verbal and written communication
- Dynamic, innovative, and lateral thinking skills
- Change leader – motivated by operating in a changing, flexible environment
- Confident, calm, organised and a clear thinker
- Previous experience using Workfront & Dynamics365 is desired but not essential
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.