Property Maintenance Operative
- Wimborne Rd, Bournemouth, UK
ASN Capital is a group of companies involved in property development, investment and construction.
We are growing with some exciting projects ahead and are looking for a new addition to the team.
Reporting to the Construction Manager the successful applicant will bring their skills and experience to the team, so we can provide an enhanced in-house property maintenance operation. Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out regular maintenance tasks including gardening, painting, cleaning, etc.
- Carry out general repairs including minor joinery, plasterwork, plumbing and decoration.
- Collecting materials from suppliers and/or transporting spoil for disposal.
- Attend call outs to identify cause of customer problem, carry out repair and/or liaise with specialist contractor for repair. There is a requirement to be available for out-of-hours call outs on a rota; overtime is paid on out-of-hours call outs attended.
- Carry out work as directed on small construction projects.
- Provide support to major construction sites when required
- Any other duties reasonably required.
- Well rounded property maintenance skills and experience.
- Attention to detail important, particularly with regard to quality of finishes.
- Good communications skills when dealing with customers, suppliers, authorities and colleagues.
- Ability to use email and simple app based software for job management.
- Full driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
- An in-depth knowledge of one particular trade (i.e. plastering, carpentry, etc)
- NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in trade specialism
- GCSE grade C (or equivalent) English, Maths
- First Aid qualification
- Construction Health & Safety qualification
Hours: 8.00am – 5.00pm; Monday to Friday; 40 hours per week (excluding unpaid break).
This is a full-time and permanent position.
Our office is in Winton, Bournemouth and has car/cycle parking.
Salary £18,200 to £21,000 per annum (equivalent to £8.75 - £10.10 per hour), depending on level of experience and trade skills.
Use of company vehicle during workday and for attending out of hours call outs when on call.
Workplace pension (subject to eligibility).
Project profit / performance related bonus scheme.
Childcarescheme / Cyclescheme
Standard 28 days (including bank holidays) paid holiday allowance.