Junior Lab Technician
- 11515 Cronridge Dr, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA
At ASELL, we turn science into solutions by developing and delivering cutting edge technology solutions that strengthen the world’s health security and emergency preparedness. With deep expertise in medical device development, clinical diagnostics, regulatory affairs, and government contracting, our team of experts advance technologies from early stage development through product delivery. We pride ourselves on our culture and the amazing group of talented people that make ASELL the best place to work.
- Under general supervision, performs lab experiments, prepares cell culture media and reagent solutions, and maintains appropriate sample testing documentation.
- Provide support to quality assurance, primarily for maintenance of quality management system and records keeping.
- Responsible for performing laboratory testing activities, with a focus on in vitro diagnostic applications
- Participate in planning and executing laboratory experiments and studies
- Support and interact with other team members to support testing activities
- Generate test reports and summarize key findings and experimental study outcomes
- Perform general lab maintenance activities (inventory, restocking, decontamination, cleaning, etc.)
- Assist Quality Assurance with maintenance of quality management system and records keeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related science from an accredited college or university
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of general laboratory equipment and aseptic laboratory techniques
- Mathematics and statistics basic knowledge
- Experience in Molecular, Microbiology, Cell Biology, or related sciences
- Experience with cell culturing and microscopy is preferred
- Knowledge of basic lab operations and associated health and safety procedures
- Demonstrated experience in handling biological specimens using appropriate precautions
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team environment
- Ability to work alone for long periods of time in a lab environment
- Attention to detail and ability to carefully and accurately carry out instructions
- Flexible work schedule (occasional early/late days, some limited weekend work)
- Proficient organizational, record keeping and communication skills (oral and written), with excellent presentation technique
- Strong work ethic to generate high quality work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated self-motivation
ASELL is a medical device developer that is working with government customers to turn science into solutions. ASELL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, or national origin. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.