The Cloud Engineer is an adopter of virtualization, containers, and cloud infrastructure. You should love to automate everything that needs to be done more than once and will be in charge of migrating products using container technology such as Kubernetes and provisioning platforms such as vRealize Automation. Your scope will also embrace reverse engineering of the legacy architecture and key flows, understand its key weaknesses and readiness such as security, reliability, simplicity, performance, operational agility, and automation. Design out the weaknesses, work hand in hand with the technical architects and operational teams. The final goal is to participate in the transformation of the Data Center into a full Continues Delivery pipeline with fully automated build/deploy/monitoring/resiliency processes in a fully consolidated environment with no unknown remaining legacy issues in terms of security, reliability, performance, and operational agility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience with container provisioning platform such as Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Experience in integrating automation solutions e.g. VRO/VRA, Ansible, Jenkins,… in a larger chain
- Experience in using vSphere and/or Virtual Center products, GCP, AWS, Azure
- In-depth knowledge of computer networking and virtualization
- Working knowledge of cloud management platforms
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
- Service-oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner
- Initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Any other European language is a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
- Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
- Be ready to handle on-call support in a 24/7 manner and shift mode 7-19
- Experience deploying and operating on public and private cloud framework;
- Familiarity with service design in the context of cloud-based solutions
- Experience in Kubernetes architecture and Software engineering.
- Knowledge of performance analysis and distributed systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration processes
- Kubernetes certification is considered an asset
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 14 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 2200 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 200 customers, and 30% turnover growth in FY2021, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, by clicking the button "I'm interested"
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.