- The Hague, Netherlands
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle: starting with user requirements, business process redesign and specifications, to continue with development, testing and application maintenance.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our growing team in one of the biggest European organizations.
- Contributing to the improvement of the development and build process
- Ability to design and develop production grade, enterprise level systems that make extensive use of messaging and microservices.
- Participate in the Java implementation of applications and micro-services involving integration with search engines, being able to write backend code in a reliable, fast, scalable, and secure way, satisfying requirements and service level agreements.
- Write OAUTH authentication mechanisms. Implement validation mechanisms as unit and integration tests.
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system. Setup CI/CD pipelines. Familiarity with Kubernetes/Docker, is assumed.
- Work comfortably within a team. Follow Scrum procedures and disciplines. Estimate the work to be done upon request.
- Write technical documentation. Account for secure coding practices, as well as logging and auditing features.
- Communicate in a clean, concise way, not only to peers but also to upper management layers when needed.
- Hands on experience with Git following pull request procedure. Ability to write clean, secure and high quality code.
Who you are:
- Bachelor plus minimum of 6 years of experience in Software Development in developing Java applications
- Good knowledge of application development environments like:
- Eclipse or Intellij and
- Maven and
- Good knowledge in Enterprise Integration methodologies and patterns
- Good knowledge of the design and development of components like REST APIs, integrations, micro-services)
- Proficiency in using REST based frameworks like Spring MVC as well accessories tools like Postman
- Good knowledge of enterprise search engines such as Elastic, Lucene or SOLR
- Ability to create Java applications querying and indexing data in an enterprise search index
- Good knowledge of relational databases Microsoft SQL
- Good knowledge of Agile software development methodologies:
- Scrum and
- Good knowledge of OOP paradigms and SOLID principles using Java and experience with most common Java frameworks :
- Spring and
- Good knowledge of container technology
- Docker and/or
- Good Knowledge of CD/CI systems
- TFS/Azure DevOps and/or
- Good knowledge of a Java EIP framework like
- Apache Camel and/or
- Spring Integration
- Vue.js and/or
- Angular and/or
- REACT and/or
- Good knowledge of messaging systems like
- Active MQ and/or
- Capable of being part of an Agile Team implementing Scrum (team worker, easy going, good communication capabilities) and knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. AGILE)
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments