- The Hague, Netherlands
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle: starting with user requirements, business process redesign and specifications, to continue with development, testing and application maintenance.
Are you an experienced Application Engineer?
Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge tech stack?
We would like to meet you!
We are currently looking for Application Engineer to join our growing team in one of the biggest European organizations in law enforcement.
- Application installation, configuration and administration in production and non-production environments;
- Application monitoring, performance tuning and continuous improvement of the efficiency and quality of service;
- Perform applications support and maintenance activities such as incident, change, release and problem resolution;
- Writing and validating application procedures manuals, including troubleshooting guides, backup and restore plans;
- Automate administrative procedures for recurring system administration activities and provide installation and technical support documentation where required;
- Contribute to the structuring, maintenance and development of the technical knowledgebase supporting the ICT Infrastructure Operations activities;
- Report on application availability, performance, capacity and overall usage where required
Who you are
- Bachelor plus minimum of 6 years working as an IT professional in mid/large IT infrastructure environments, including deployment, support and maintenance of applications.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an IT professional in the area of system administration or DevOps engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with micro-services, container orchestration and container-based stacks such as Docker or Kubernetes
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Public or Hybrid Cloud services and solutions (AZURE or AWS).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with databases, especially from an application troubleshooting perspective (e.g. MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with enterprise Microsoft or Linux server solutions
- Knowledge of DEVOPS or automation scripting
- Knowledge of micro-services, container orchestration and container-based stacks such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Public or Hybrid Cloud services and solutions (AZURE or AWS).
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. MS SQL, PostgreSQL) and how they interact with applications.
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux)
- Knowledge of scripting, automation and deployment tools
- Knowledge of incident, change and release management
- A minimum of 2 years of experience installing/supporting Elasticsearch solutions
- Knowledge of programming or scripting (e.g. Python, .NET, Java).
- Knowledge of Authorization and Authentication protocols and technologies (e.g. LDAP, Kerberos, SSL)
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of Configuration Management concepts and technologies (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
- Certifications in the above mentioned technologies