Junior Storage and Backup Technical Administrator
The Storage & Backup Engineer is a role that requires a good mix of technical skills and experience in technical support. He/She will provide technical expertise in storage engineering, backup administration, and operations. With great interpersonal, organizational skills, he/she supports in many aspects the day-to-day service operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Configure, maintain and serve as primary administrator over a SAN/NAS based storage environment.
- Administer and configure Brocade Fibre Channel Directors/Switches.
- Create and maintain and technical documentation.
- Monitor, tune, and troubleshoot IO performance issues.
- Make architecture and performance recommendations.
- Oversee daily Backup activities.
- Collaborate with IT staff on storage & backup needs.
- Monitor and create Backup Jobs, and troubleshoot failures.
- Automate, administer, manage, run and make reliable processes.
- Identify and assess technical issues and risks.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Technical background, 2-5 years of professional relevant experience.
- Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) e.g. Dell/EMC, NetApp, HDS,..
- Experience operating Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS); as well as migrating/consolidating SAN/NAS.
- Knowledge & Experience on CommVault Backup tool & administration is considered as an asset.
- Fiber Channel switches Cisco and/or Brocade.
- NFS/CIFS and Block Storage Experience.
- Experience with network switches, fiber channel and VLAN configuration.
- Providing 24X7 Support.
- Strong server platform knowledge in Window and Linux.
- Scripting knowledge e.g. Perl, Python...
- Working project management knowledge, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Expertise in Data Replication & Snapshot technologies.
- Participate in ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned.
- Self-driven and willingness to expand technical skill set.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs, and respond quickly to requests for information.
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 14 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 2200 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 200 customers, and 30% turnover growth in FY2021, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, by clicking the button "I'm interested"
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.