Kubernetes Infrastructure Engineer
- The Hague, Netherlands
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle: starting with user requirements, business process redesign and specifications, to continue with development, testing and application maintenance.
We are currently looking for PERCI – public cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team in one of the biggest European organizations in law enforcement.
- Administration, support and maintenance of the PERCI public cloud environment, including all VM instances, data storage solutions, container infrastructure and disaster recovery.
- Provide second and third line support for the incidents assigned to the team.
- Plan and execute maintenance operations of the ICT cloud infrastructure, supplying installation, support and maintenance documentation.
- Design, implement and maintain operational procedures for the management of the ICT cloud infrastructure components and technologies.
- Support the design and implementation of cloud native server, network and storage technologies, further supporting engineering and architecture teams.
- Develop procedures for recurring system administration and support for other operations teams, providing awareness sessions where required.
- Participate in activities related to the replacement or upgrade of ICT hardware, software and services.
- General support of infrastructure applications.
- Help implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of cloud enablement tools
- Take part in the design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives
Who you are
- Bachelor plus minimum of 6 years of experience with cloud enterprise infrastructure systems and cloud IT operations
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in cloud Kubernetes administration (Azure Kubernetes Service)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with cloud adoption, prototyping of new environments, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with cloud native, large scale, storage, server and network engineering techniques and design approaches, including load balancing, ingress/egress networks, data and control plane designs, etc
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes administration (AKS, Rancher, or similar)
- Good knowledge of infrastructure and platform automation tools (like Ansible, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager)
- Good knowledge of scripting using bash, PowerShell, Python
- Good knowledge of cloud monitoring and observability tooling
- Good knowledge of incident, change and release management
- Good knowledge of security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in design and implementation of solutions based on ELK stack, ActiveMQ, MS SQL Server
- Good knowledge of Azure SQL Database administration
- Good knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Certification: Kubernetes Administration, Azure Cloud Platform, or similar