- Brussels, Belgium
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the domain analyst and architect in order to define high level solutions and provide realistic high level estimations for upcoming projects
- Perform detailed technical analysis in collaboration with business analysts (working for business dpt) with the support of the scrum team, domain analyst and architects
- Act as the point of contact for the questions related to the projects or stories being implemented throughout the story lifecycle, including all stakeholders: business, backend services, quality assurance and management
- Ensure in collaboration of the scrum master of the accuracy of the scrum backlog
- Ensure the readiness of the stories before the development starts :
- Clear definition of the story
- Define the acceptance criteria in collaboration of business
- Validate back-end readiness
- Helps prepare the Sprint demo/Review
- Is available for questions and delivers instantaneous feedback to the scrum team during the Sprint
- Participate to the IT testing (from test case definitions until their execution)
- Team point of contact during user acceptance testing
- Provide support to e-Operations to ensure that incidents are managed/solved within the adequate timing (depending of the incident criticality)
- Competences required:
- A strong analytical mindset combined with Java web development (J2EE)
- This person has also to embrace concepts such as clear acceptance criteria, executable requirements, short iterations, continuous feedback and clarity of business objectives.
- A successful candidate should strive to promote simple functional solutions and pragmatic decisions.
- Ability to work in a structured environment with flexibility for frequent changes of priorities
- Ability to work with external companies/partners
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems (critical thinking).
- Ability to translate requirements into technical solutions according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Good communication skills (spoken and written) according to the needs of different audiences
- Team player
- Negotiation skills
- You are fluent in French AND/OR Dutch
- Technical skills:
- Bachelor/University in computer science
- At least 5 years of experience on Java (J2EE) web based development.
- Strong experience in J2EE development
- Good experience with UML and design pattern
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Jira as issue and backlog management tool
Be legally authorized to work in Belgium and not require sponsorship for employment visa.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, via e-mail: [email protected]
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.