Junior IT Architect
- Athens, Greece
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants. This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Established in 2016, the Greek entity Arηs Developments Hellas aims to extend Arηs Group activities dedicated to the European market providing high-quality services in Software Development, covering the entire application development lifecycle.
Are you an experienced Java Developer interested in making your next career step in a Junior IT Architect role?
We'd like to meet you!
You will be part of a cross-functional team, with team members being onsite and offsite, that works on a large-scale project for a big organization in the telecommunications industry. This role is the link between the business and the development team.
You will be collaborating with the Senior Architect and your team of developers in order to define high-level solutions and provide realistic high-level estimations for upcoming projects. You will perform detailed Technical and Business Analysis in collaboration with the Business Analysts, the Product Owner, and Architects and you will collaborate with the Scrum Master to review, update, and re-prioritize team backlog, based on technical constraints, dependencies, and effort.
In this role, you will be the go-to person and the point of contact for questions related to the projects or stories being implemented throughout the story lifecycle, from all stakeholders (business, backend services, quality assurance, and management).
It is important to ensure the readiness of the stories before the development starts, including a clear definition of the story, definition of acceptance criteria in collaboration with the business, validation of back-end readiness, and assistance in Sprint demo/Review preparation. You also need to be available for questions and deliver instantaneous feedback to the scrum team during the Sprints.
You will also participate in the testing process and be the team's point of contact during user acceptance testing. Lastly, you will provide support to e-Operations to ensure that incidents are managed/solved within adequate timing (depending on the incident criticality).
Who you are
- Strong analytical mindset combined with Java web development background (J2EE)
- Strong understanding of concepts such as clear acceptance criteria, executable requirements, short iterations, continuous feedback and clarity of business objectives.
- Eagerness to promote simple functional solutions and pragmatic decisions
- Ability to work in a structured environment with flexibility for frequent changes of priorities
- Ability to work with external companies/partners
- Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems (critical thinking)
- Ability to translate requirements into technical solutions according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Good communication skills (spoken and written) according to the needs of different audiences
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent command of English language(written & verbal)
- Bachelor/University in computer science
- At least 5 years of experience on Java (J2EE) web based development.
- Strong experience in J2EE development
- Good experience with UML and design pattern
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Jira as issue and backlog management tool
What’s in it for you
- We want you to be well compensated for what you bring in, so we offer an attractive salary package
- Not a morning person ⏰ ? Enjoy our semi-flexi working hours!
- Your health matters to us, so you’re secured with a health insurance plan from day one
- We chat a lot, so you’ll be equipped with a mobile phone & data plan
- If you’re a big foodie (like us) you’ll appreciate the ticket restaurant card to spend in restaurants or grocery shops to spoil yourself and your family
- Enjoy snacking during breaks? Grab some fresh fruits from our kitchen available in the office each week
- Developer’s fuel is coffee, and the supply source is in our kitchen!
- We are excited for challenges, so your are invited to take part in exciting projects that make a difference in peoples’ lives at national and European level
- We never stop learning and evolving! To keep up with ARHS level, join our own training sessions and online courses that we provide
- We love the ARHS vibes so we gather on a smaller and bigger occasions to celebrate good times together! Take a sneak peek: