Linux System Engineer
Ready for new challenge? Fed up with bureaucracy, hierarchy, and politics? Hungry for freedom to act, decide and make an impact in a professional environment? It’s the right address. We’re looking for a Linux System Engineer.
The Servers Operating Systems Engineers will support, maintain and improve the server infrastructure at Operating System level. Engineers will work to drive automation and good practice to improve consistency and enhance the customer experience.
Engineers are expected to have a strong focus on system engineering, and the ability to deliver value. The Service Provider’s engineers shall have expertise in Redhat Linux OS and Unix systems respectively.
- Provide subject matter expertise in operating systems engineering.
- Provide advanced technical support and serve as an escalation point for IT incidents and ser-vice requests, including with third parties (e.g. manufacturer or vendor) as necessary.
- Participate in the development of systems standards, policies and procedures.
- Document engineering work, incident resolution and recurring incidents; creating technical analysis, performance, and enhancement reports.
- Design and maintain automation solutions.
- Lead project teams and acting as a resource for other team members.
- Plan, implement and carry out maintenance consisting of upgrades/updates/fixes for core operating systems and their related components, following industry good practices.
- Ensure performance and reliability by monitoring systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response times.
- Work with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues and optimise performance.
- Respect the ITIL standards & processes for Production, Dev, UAT environments.
- Open mind, Think out of the box and look to resolve not Incidents but actual problems. Eagerness to resolve Root cause issues and ability to implement workarounds as and when needed.
- Experience as engineering support for enterprise-level configuration management.
- Experience in provisioning and decommission of VM running Redhat OS.
- Knowledge of LDAP protocol and systems.
- Experience in management of LDAP.
- Experience in management of DNS and DHCP.
- Experience in Redhat OS versions 5,6,7 (installation, maintenance).
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience managing NFS/CIFS or SMB.
- Experince with automation and configuration management tools like Satellite/Foreman, Puppet.
- Experience in setup of Application specific servers to correspond to application requirements.
- Experience with automation and scripting using PowerShell, Ansible, Python, Bash, etc..
- Experience in RedHat OS version 8.
- Experience in configuration of Satellite/ Foreman.
- Experience with Rundeck, GIT, code versioning and review.
- Experience with migration
- At least one of the following vendor domain certifications: Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality, by clicking the button "I'm interested"
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.