Java & Kafka Developer
- Brussels, Belgium
- Employees can work remotely
Arηs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in managing complex IT projects and systems for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
We are composed of 13 entities across 6 countries that are unified by the Arηs Group, with more than 1750 consultants.
This corporate structure enables us to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests, and to communicate and make decisions without layers of bureaucracy.
Our success can be attributed to the synergy among our nine complementary entities, combined with our methodologies, which are based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Scrum agile software development framework.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to be the most caring and reliable IT company on the market place for both clients and our people.
Our values are: caring, agility, excellence, innovation, continual improvement, and reliability.
Our values support our vision by leveraging excellence, striving for results, ensuring commitment and promoting adaptability.
We work in close partnership with our customers, turning their needs into benefits; We promote a dynamic local environment where both young and experience people can realize themselves; We leverage a flexible, independent and responsive organization.
The ArȠs (pronounce [aris]) name comes from Greek Mythology. ArȠs is the son of Zeus and the God of War – in our eyes, an accurate representation of the intelligence, strategy, leadership and vision that are essential in business.
Don’t hesitate! Join our team
What you’ll get:
An informal hierarchy and work environment:
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
An attractive salary package:
With an attractive salary and benefits package – including advantageous fringe benefits – you’ll be paid for what you love to do.
A strong corporate culture:
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients – our values from the foundation of the way we work.
Learning & development opportunities:
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A rock solid company:
With more than 140 customers, and 38% turnover growth in FY2020, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.
But let’s talk about it face to face!
You have the qualities as listed above? Please, send us your CV, which will be processed in full confidentiality.
You don’t have all the above requirements but own a great part of them? You can send us your CV too because we will give you the opportunity to grow up with us.
Be legally authorized to work in Belgium and not require sponsorship for employment visa.
For one of our clients, we are looking for a Java Developer for a long-term assignment (open to freelancer and employee !)
- Participate to the technical design of the solution based on business requirements gathered and analysed by analysts
- Document the delivered code/solution
- Act as an active member to ensure high code quality (unit testing, regression tests,...) delivered in time and within budget
- Perform development testing
- Integrate new features, components and improvements to compliance products
- Develop qualitative web-solutions related to Web solutions using Agile (Scrum), test driven methodologies
- Participate to the implementation of the releases
- Provide solutions (bug fixes,...)
- Develop with a range of proven technologies: Java, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss, XML, Docker and Kafka
Who You Are
- Autonomous with an agile mindset – empowered, with the ability to adapt and respond to change
- Customer-focused and quality-minded – continuously strive to deliver true customer value
- Open-minded, solution-oriented, and a team player – gaining momentum through collaboration with others
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- A Bachelor or Master’s in Informatics or equivalent by experience
- At least 6 years of experience with JavaEE and expertise in Java 11
- Expertise in test-driven development and test-driven design
- Experience with a microservices architecture, API gateway, distributed architectures such as Kafka or Spark
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Familiar with SQL and/or NoSQL databases such as Oracle
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies such as Docker and Jenkins